• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Streamlight HL-X First Impressions

Get Schwifty

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
32   0
Reaction score
Hey guys — I just picked up the "new kid on the block", the Streamlight Protac HL-X. Just wanted to share my first impressions for anyone on the fence about picking one of these up.

My initial impression from holding this at NRA show was that it would be too large to use as an EDC light, but I convinced myself to give it a whirl anyway and have not been disappointed.

The reason I decided to snag this was, admittedly, the lumens. For $80 bucks shipped there's not many lights as reliable and tough as Streamlight that match up with the 1000 lumens this throws. Like most Streamlight products, it's programmable to high only, low-medium-high, or high-strobe-low. I personally have been running this on high-only.

The light is perfect for use as a handheld in conjunction with a handgun, and the switch is nice and easy to operate. The pocket clip sets the light to ride almost flush with your pocket line, so it isn't blatantly obvious you are carrying a flashlight. It's also at that perfect height where it doesn't snag on a seatbelt while you're in the car. This will fit the Large Thyrm Switchback, and I may add one on in the future.

Picture is the beam at about 100 feet. I've only had this three days, but just wanted to share for anyone on the fence!

Thanks y'all. Here's the page on the Streamlight site if y'all want more tech specs.
http://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/protac-hl-x

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1353.JPG

Back
Top Bottom