• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Streamlight vs Surefire vs Olight

I’ve beaten on streamlights for my job for 8 years, so I’m biased, it even gets used as a hammer sometimes. But these are stingers and not firearm based

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember like 15 years ago I was at my local shop and they had a Streamlight display up with blue guns with Streamlights, a 2x4 with nails in it and a picture showing a Streamlight used as a hammer. I hit a couple of nails and the light still worked.

I remember like 15 years ago I was at my local shop and they had a Streamlight display up with blue guns with Streamlights, a 2x4 with nails in it and a picture showing a Streamlight used as a hammer. I hit a couple of nails and the light still worked.

They are tough to kill. 20-30 foot drops, sunk in oil and water pits till we get them back out, heat, they just keep working. I had 2 headlamps that I was going to use but I didn’t like how they balanced, firefighters bought them both

Olight seems to get a lot of hate, but I have ran two different pistol lights and a rifle light from them with no issues. They are not top of the line, but they are priced accordingly and are a great option on a budget.

I have been using a Streamllight TLR-7 on my long guns! They are so compact but throw a much better spread than even my mag light Taclight. Just ordered another for my other ar. Very pleased with them. Also run a tlr 6 on my s&w 9mm

I used Streamlight for several years, good stuff. I just don't like rechargeable batteries, sooner or latter they don't take a charge.

Surefire: awesome quality at a ridiculous price

Streamlight: awesome quality at a reasonable price

Olight: good quality at a great price
I would say that's accurate. For home purposes, Olights work just fine. If you're walking through the forest hunting, and you might drop your rifle or handgun, it makes sense to buy a higher quality light.

Back
Top Bottom