• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stress, anxiety, and volatility...trying to get past it!

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I've always been an optimistic and a pretty happy guy right up to the point that I had to deal with stupidity from others - I've never been tolerant of BS. For years I have just minimized my exposure to the things that set me off by bot going to places with large crowds, bars, concerts, etc. For the past year or so I have found it very difficult to control my stress and temper - I will literally set in my truck before I leave the house in the morning and make a conscious decision to NOT let things bother me...it last right up until the first jackass cuts me off, things go south from there.

I met with my doctor and he wants me to start taking medication like ZOLOFT, I am curious to know 1.) Do any of you take anything like that? 2.) Does anyone that takes it have any experience with it that may be helpful to me in making a decision as to whether or not I should take it. I realize each person is different and that their experiences are different but the thought of getting on meds like that is not appealing to me. I'm just trying to avoid a stroke or losing my **** on some mouthy 25 year old.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I started taking Celexa for pretty much the same reason. I'd get too mad over things and let it fester till I felt like I was going to explode.
I talked to My Dr and he put me on it to try to even out the ups and downs.
So far so good, I wish you good luck with it.

The thing is , that it has gotten worse the last few years.
People arent “polite” as a general rule anymore. They are more wrapped up in them than actually thinking things through.
If you are polite as a society, everyones day seems to go smoother. There is less stress to start with. Instead, you get pissed before you make it a few miles from home, then you stop at a c-store and your all wound up so you might not be as polite to next person in some small way. That person goes along, and so on…..
Chivalry and general good manners goes a long way….but it takes a small effort on everones part before it really takes hold.
Just a small part of it…..Just MY O.

Is Zoloft one of the ones with suicide as a side effect? I'd try other options before going pharma. As some have suggested:
  • Turn off TV, media, and social media
  • Make sure you're getting 8 hours of sleep nightly
  • Add exercise and cut junk food/fast food
  • Practice that prayer about the things you can and can't change
  • Take your big troubles to God
  • Make an effort every night to thank God for your blessings, however big or small

I had much the same issues. Every day seemed to get worse, I was getting mad at stupid little things that normally wouldn't bother me, getting short tempered with people close to me. I found a really good cure.....
I'm moving to Costa Rica, going to trade this rat race for a laid back life at the beach with very few idiots.

See ya

I would try harder before I started taking drugs.

I read an article that was a game changer for me years ago. In essence it said , Don't take yourself so seriously ; no one else does. Understand no one is responsible for how you feel ; get over yourself. The only thing you have total control over is what comes out of your mouth and how you respond to things.

Back
Top Bottom