• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Striper migration on Lake Lanier.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Okay, now that I'm more mobile than my Kayak would allow, now I have a CC, I need to learn more about general location of the Stripers. I know you can find them in any part of the lake at any time of year, but I also know they have a tendency to move from some areas to others depending on time of year.

I've studied a lot about fishing techniques and have used many for several years, but I'm not sure about the migration patterns in general. Is it as simple as upper lake in Spring and Fall and lower lake in Summer and Winter, or do I have that all wrong?

Admittedly I clicked on this hoping for pics of strippers on Lake Lanier
Hopefully very soon. LOL! Tomorrow will be the first time I take the CC out fully rigged and with enough knowledge to take full advantage of the electronics and guidance systems I've had installed.

Oh wait, I read that wrong and so did you. LOL!

Better?

9062318686_223241d8c8_b.jpg

Catch any
Nope. Just a small spot. I wasn't really fishing much. I was mostly putting to use the things I've been studying about the Sonar/GPS mapping system and how it interacts with the trolling motor. I'm impressed with how well the system works and how powerful the trolling motor is. It was very windy and I spent quite some time sitting in one place using the "Spot Lock" feature while working through the set ups on the Humminbird and Lakemaster mapping. Then slow trolled into the wind following the bottom contour using that system. Once it was going the only thing I had to do was adjust prop speed because the wind strength was all over the place.

I decided to run to another place that was more protected from the wind and get serious about fishing, but when I tried to start the gas motor the starter battery didn't have enough charge. No big deal because I had not gone far from the ramp while doing all the set up, but I was done fishing for the day.

I'm getting a new 12 volt battery installed now and I'm going to have a 12 volt solar panel installed on the T-Top to make sure this never happens again. I've got an emergency start power supply on the boat, but I wasn't far enough out to need to use it. The 24 volt trolling motor system was still more than 3/4 charged after several hours of continuous hard use.

Back
Top Bottom