• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

stripped Colt lowers

Mine was like that out of the box. I tested against the ALG in my SBR and could not tell any discernible difference. I've heard of other Colts being the same.

Interesting. I need to check them out again. I am also not that impressed with my ALG. The pull is not as smooth as what I get when I polish my own FCG. I guess for the average consumer, it is descent though.

In reality an extra $150 - $200 ain't going to break the bank. If you're building on a Colt lower you're likely going to be using premium parts like SOPMOD stocks, KAC or DD rails, and Geissele triggers.

I use Geissele or CMC triggers on all my builds and only high end handgaurds. I've used Geissele (MK 8), Seekins NOXS, SLR Solo Lite a and DD. Since I've made a switch to only MLOK, there are some I won't use. I also only buy premium barrels. BUT I'll slap a DD or Noveske barrel with Geissele rail and CMC trigger I'm an Aero or Anderson build all day long. The $150 to $400 savings (for upper and lower) is the cost of a tax stamp and a good muzzle device. Or money toward a top quality optic. I guess I just direct the most money to the things that are important to me, or what I feel is the most impactful.

Interesting. I need to check them out again. I am also not that impressed with my ALG. The pull is not as smooth as what I get when I polish my own FCG. I guess for the average consumer, it is descent though.

Now theres a thought. I never thought that maybe the ALG wasn't as good as its made out to be. Honestly when I first installed it I didnt have a baseline to compare it but I wondered then how good it was.

I use Geissele or CMC triggers on all my builds and only high end handgaurds. I've used Geissele (MK 8), Seekins NOXS, SLR Solo Lite a and DD. Since I've made a switch to only MLOK, there are some I won't use. I also only buy premium barrels. BUT I'll slap a DD or Noveske barrel with Geissele rail and CMC trigger I'm an Aero or Anderson build all day long. The $150 to $400 savings (for upper and lower) is the cost of a tax stamp and a good muzzle device. Or money toward a top quality optic. I guess I just direct the most money to the things that are important to me, or what I feel is the most impactful.

I understand that you want to spend money on parts where performance or quality really matters but if I'm already dropping $200 on a trigger, $100-$250 on a handguard, $150-$300 on a barrel and $400 on an optic I got 2 bills to spend on a lower. Heck I'm about to order one for my SPR build.

I'm OK with the alg triggers they're a plus 1 over the crunch milspec triggers I've had in the past without dropping 150-200 in a high dollar trigger. I'm not doing comps and group submoa with an alg trigger just fine...

I'm OK with the alg triggers they're a plus 1 over the crunch milspec triggers I've had in the past without dropping 150-200 in a high dollar trigger. I'm not doing comps and group submoa with an alg trigger just fine...

I like mine. Nice trigger for the money and a noticeable improvement over my stock Colt and Bushy.

Off topic but where may I purchase a 6920 for $750? My friend is looking and I wouldn't mind one for that price either.

There is an OEM1 on Gunbroker for $670.00 plus $30.00 shipping. Then you just add furniture.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628661164

I keep eyeballing this one since I already have stocks and handguards and sights laying around looking for a home.

Back
Top Bottom