• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stripped lower availability

Some stores may not want you to assemble in the store based on their interpretation of what constitutes building a rifle. Technically, even stripped, you are assembling a rifle and they are supposed to be licensed for this. Stupid, I know, but you may experience this.

Some stores may not want you to assemble in the store based on their interpretation of what constitutes building a rifle. Technically, even stripped, you are assembling a rifle and they are supposed to be licensed for this. Stupid, I know, but you may experience this.
Stripped lower attached to a barrel of any length doesnt "build" anything.

You can put a 16" upper on a pistol lower and it's still a pistol.

Stripped upper on a stripped lower... nothing.

WTF are you talking about?

I went to Tru Prep and tried all the Spikes they had and the play at the front take down pin was atrocious. I looked over the Aero Precision Matched sets and they looked really nice. So just over 200 I picked up a set from Aero and it was good and tight, the fit and finsih was excellent and he gave me a handsome discount so I couldn't pass it up. This is a gun I have had a Sharps Bro. Jack Skull Lower on it and it just didn't seem right to me so I never shot it. Now with a good match set it will be ready to go. I enough spare lower parts that I won't have to buy anything except the ALG ACT trigger.

I will have to give Aero props for their sets. I thought maybe their quality had suffered due to the market crash on AR's but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they are still cranking out some decent parts. The two sets I looked at where good and snug. The finish on them was flawless and the over all build quality was excellent. So props to Aero for their Match sets and also to Tru Prep Marietta for hooking a brother up on price. The asking price was 240 and all I had in my pocket was 245. I asked if he could get me out the door for that and he said no problem. I walked out of there with the receiver set and still had a nice chunk of money left over. Thanks Tru Prep for the excellent service and a discount that I still can't believe.

If you are into prepping Tru Prep is second to none. They also had and nice little display of handguns and rifles. Of course a wall full of AR15 accessories as well. If you live in the area you need to check them out. They have come a long way since I was last there and it looks like they are expanding every time I go. Keep up the good work!

Aero is hit and miss. Good ones are good, so as long as you can inspect it, then you should be good to go. If it were me, I would want to check a lot more than upper to lower fitment. Size and locations of hammer/trigger pin holes, feed ramps, etc.

Back
Top Bottom