• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stripped lower availability

Aero is hit and miss. Good ones are good, so as long as you can inspect it, then you should be good to go. If it were me, I would want to check a lot more than upper to lower fitment. Size and locations of hammer/trigger pin holes, feed ramps, etc.
They're better than most.

Would take them over PSA or Poverty Pony any day of the week.

63A852C6-951A-485D-BADE-426A387B0415.jpeg
Those aren’t poverty ponies. Those are Kentucky thoroughbreds. Like Justify.

WTF are you talking about?

Stripped lower attached to a barrel of any length doesnt "build" anything.

You can put a 16" upper on a pistol lower and it's still a pistol.

Stripped upper on a stripped lower... nothing.

Just passing on my past experience, if you'll notice I used the word "may" in the beginning because it was what was relayed to me when I wanted to mate a pair of halves I was considering at one point in one store. I don't profess to know all the ATF ins and outs but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express

Aero is hit and miss. Good ones are good, so as long as you can inspect it, then you should be good to go. If it were me, I would want to check a lot more than upper to lower fitment. Size and locations of hammer/trigger pin holes, feed ramps, etc.
I looked them over real good aside from fitment. I was skeptical at first but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. All I was really after was a lower since the upper was completely assembled already. These new Enhanced versions came with threaded bolt catch, upper tension screw, forward assist and dust cover were included as well. Everything looked in line but the final assembly will tell the tale. As long as it goes together OK and everything is in working order then I will be fine with it. For the money it looks like a great deal. However, like you say the proof is in the pudding. I will give a full report after I assemble the parts and get a final inspection.

I tried two match sets from Next Level Armament and they were 225 per set. I took some flack for saying they appeared to be some real nice sets before I assembled them. I have built two rifles with them both and I have to say my original statement was true. Both rifles turned out to be excellent builds. Smooth actions, excellent pieces and churned out two excellent rifles. Of course I built a rifle that cost twice as much and it doesn't feel any better than the lesser expensive pieces. Each rifle still turned out to exceed 1,000 build cost but that was all in the barrel, BCG and trigger and hand guard. I have had some excellent results with lower cost receivers. Just as good as the higher priced units as far as how they went together and how they shoot. I have friends that have built 1/2 MOA rifles with Aero Precision parts so I see no reason to doubt their parts. Everyone puts out a dog every once in while.

Back
Top Bottom