• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stripped Screw Removal

bbqman

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
36   0
Reaction score
I have a Ruger .44 Carbine I want to sell that has a stripped screw in a scope mount. I need to know if anyone knows a gunsmith or good machine shop in the Snellville/Lawrenceville area. Thanks

stripped screw

does this mean you have a stripped screw hole( bad thread) or one of the scope screws has a stripped head(allen or slot)??

two different solutions.

Love those old Ruger 44s.. still have one.

Jack Bennett in Loganville is a excellent smith close by.. (770) 826-3998

I had a stripped screw in my scope mount on my 10/22 - aluminum receiver + steel screws + overzealous operator = stripped screw hole.

Found a kit online to tap it to the next highest size and it even included new screws!

Good luck!

Just sell me the gun at a discount and I can fix it
I'll let you know what I'll sell it for soon. It looks to be in dang good condition other than the stripped screw. I took this, an IBM M1 Carbine and a Mosin-Nagant in a trade and want a gunsmith to take a look at them to make sure they are all in good operational shape before I sell/trade them. They all seem to be in good working order - just don't want to sell anything that isn't safe.

stripped screw

does this mean you have a stripped screw hole( bad thread) or one of the scope screws has a stripped head(allen or slot)??

two different solutions.

Love those old Ruger 44s.. still have one.

Jack Bennett in Loganville is a excellent smith close by.. (770) 826-3998

I hope it's just the slot screw head. Can't tell with scope mount in the way. Thanks for the contact.

Back
Top Bottom