• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Struggling with finding time to reload....

Load a 100 rounds a day after you get home from work, probably takes 15 minutes of your time on the dillon, that's 500 rounds to shoot every weekend. This is what I do to build my ammo supply.

Or find someone who has the time but doesn't have the funds to get into reloading. Your close to Griffin GC so I bet you can find someone who shoots but wants to shoot more but can't afford it. Work out a deal where he (or she) reloads on your equipment and for every 500 he reloads he keeps 100. Or whatever ratio you want.

You get cheaper ammo, he gets to learn to reload and trades his time for ammo.

I would have loved that deal back when I was in college or before I had kids.

I was se;f employed for 45 years and I reloaded 10's of thousand of shell. In fact i had a Dillon, which I loved because you could start and stop without having to unload anything - pick up right where you left off.

It's just a matter of setting priorities. You aren't the first person in this situation. Everyone deals with the same 24 hours a day.

You could just set your alarm an hour earlier each morning and get some loading time in with your morning coffee.

There were days I beat the alarm clock out of bed and I would go load or prep brass and then start getting ready for work. You have to be able to make time to load ammo. It requires full concentration and it also needs time cut out to do it.

I have a lot of research time because i sit in a hotel room most of the week but not a lot reloading time. I just do a little here and there where I can. It has taken me a few months to prep almost a 1000 308 cases this way but it does get done. That time spent on the couch relaxing at the end of the day could be plenty of time to setup something so its ready to go when you have time again, just leave yourself a note so you know what you were going to do. not everyone has the time to crank out hundreds of rounds at a time but you might have time to do 10 here 15 there and the next thing you know there is a pile of ammo waiting for you to shoot and do it all over again.

14987791561471789958404.jpg and there are reasons and seasons for reloading:thumb: make what you need or want as you can.

Back
Top Bottom