• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuck Baffles

Moondog1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
183   0
Reaction score
So the baffles in my Octane 45 are rock hard stuck. I have it soaked in penetrating oil right now. Any tips on how to get these jokers out?

Can I put the whole suppressor in a solution of the purple simple green in the ultrasonic cleaner or is that bad for it? Thanks for the help!

Dangit man, what did you do to get them out???

Don't just leave us hangin' like that!
Heat gun! and then I used the plastic side of a craftsman screwdriver to lightly tap them out. My IR temp gun said I got them to about 240 degrees.

Now I'm cleaning the snot out of them. I like being able to shoot 22 through this can but holy crap it gets nasty quick.

Heat gun! and then I used the plastic side of a craftsman screwdriver to lightly tap them out. My IR temp gun said I got them to about 240 degrees.

Now I'm cleaning the snot out of them. I like being able to shoot 22 through this can but holy crap it gets nasty quick.
Man that's why I just got a dedicated .22 can that little ****er is filthy all the time

How many rounds did you put through it to get in that dilemma?
ehhh rough guesses here, but probably 500-700 rounds of 22(mainly cci standards and federal automatch) and probably a little less than a 1000 rounds of 9mm. Maybe more 9, I just haven't been able to shoot much($$$)! That's over the course of several months, it's mainly just been sitting.

Back
Top Bottom