• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuck case removal

Aeromotor1

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
How have you removed stuck cases from the your decapper/ resizer die?

What is your best way for a truly stuck case. I stuck it so bad I ruined the die trying to get it out. I didn't pay attention as I loaded a slightly crinkled brass piece and so the story goes...

RCBS makes a stuck case remover. I bought it after I ruined a 30-06 die with impatience and frustration. I haven't had to use it since. Old military surplus brass plus not enough lube = very stuck case. Lesson learned- hopefully.

I ruined a brand new 300 WBY die with a stuck case one time.

Nice forester die too. Damn that pissed me off. I still don't have a stuck case remover, but I am very liberal with the lube now.

I had a crappy piece of brass get stuck last week, and tossed the die in the freezer for a couple of days, and tried to get it out, no luck. I ended up having to drill the whole case out. Don't ask me how, but I didn't even mangle the die. I will definatley be ordering the stuck case remover this week:)

If it's a Lee die, you can loosen the decapping nut and then tap on the decapper with a hammer, if the decapper extends above the nut. If that doesn't do it, take the decapping nut and insert out , insert a dowel or small steel rod down into the case and tap it out.

you might want to look at the lube your using...

Imperial wax is the best.

I hate spray lubes although some of them make great relase agents when glassing an action.

Back
Top Bottom