• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuck suppressor

Um, strap wrench?
If it's on there anything close to as tight as mine was... not a chance.

I had mine in a bench vise, using a drill press vise as a wrench, with a 2' cheater bar. Wouldn't budge.

Tried it frozen. Tried it at 400°F. Didn't matter.

Good luck and let us know what you do because you won't be the last one to do this.

Woop woop! Got it apart. I couldn't wait a few days, so this morning I took the muzzle brake and suppressor off the barrel together, which allowed me to work without the rifle getting in the way. Just used the crescent on the brake flats, and a big pipe wrench with rag wrapped around the suppressor. Gave it some torque, not even a lot, and it popped free. At first I thought the crescent had slipped off the flats because it snapped so quickly, but nope, it was just the brake coming free. No blood shed, no damaged goods. Life is good. :becky:

Woop woop! Got it apart. I couldn't wait a few days, so this morning I took the muzzle brake and suppressor off the barrel together, which allowed me to work without the rifle getting in the way. Just used the crescent on the brake flats, and a big pipe wrench with rag wrapped around the suppressor. Gave it some torque, not even a lot, and it popped free. At first I thought the crescent had slipped off the flats because it snapped so quickly, but nope, it was just the brake coming free. No blood shed, no damaged goods. Life is good. :becky:
Wow. You got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom