• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Student athlete recruiting services - Anyone got experience with them?

rockdawg

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if any ODT parents out there has used a recruiting service to get their kids on an athletic college scholarship? My daughter is in a softball camp and the recruiting companies are all coming out of the woodwork to get my money to supposedly get her a scholarship. Any advice on who to use or what to look out for?

Thanks for any info

Just wondering if any ODT parents out there has used a recruiting service to get their kids on an athletic college scholarship? My daughter is in a softball camp and the recruiting companies are all coming out of the woodwork to get my money to supposedly get her a scholarship. Any advice on who to use or what to look out for?

Thanks for any info
Sounds scammy to me, but I have zero experience.

Thanks for any info
If they are coming out of the woodwork, sounds like she's good enough to not need their 'help'? :noidea:

Thanks for any info
Colleges will approach her no money needed if she's good enough.

I have a feeling they have bought the registration list from the camp. I wish I had something to add. Its a process. I know most of the guys we have locally go to a JUCO and then transfer to a bigger school from there. Ive heard them speak of uploading film and stats on social media but Im not familiar with them paying anyone. Im sure its a deal because I have heard of it just not heard of anyone who has gone that route. I would reach out to her high school coach and or travel coach if she has or has had one. Those are the best resources.

PM sent

I know a private softball coach In south ga that has a very hi tech computer setup that analyzes your swing and speed etc

He has college coaches contacting him regularly for his top performers .

Lemme find the info and I will PM it to you.

He doesn’t advertise evidently, cause I just looked on Google and can’t find it ,
I can’t remember the name .
I got the street address but Google didn’t have that information either.

I got to use the evaluation system , and it’s amazing
It has a pitching machine and
It has all kinds of sensors and stuff and shows a skeleton and shows your hip and shoulder angle and swing speed and angle and ball speed and estimated ball distance

And the numbers don’t lie.
If you’re good , then the computer thing will know it .

My numbers improved dramatically with just a few minutes practice and coaching.
He’d look at the numbers and tell me what to do differently .

Thanks for any info
This is coming from a former high level collegiate athlete. Do not use those companies, if your child is good enough they will come. I say place her with coaches and people that have college connections. She will be fine, do not pay for that. You’ll be surprise the risk college coaches will take on an athlete coming from a stellar coaching background.

Middle son played football and we looked into it. Basically, dude wrote a bio and stats and faxed it to a bunch of coaches. Later we heard the coaches just dropped it directly into the trash. Girls used to have better chances due to the number of opportunities vs number of athletes but the money was still not great. Trans girls and win at all costs schools are going to screw it up.

My daughter got a Sports( softball) n Science Scholarship to Pittsburgh University, all she did was play softball. I still paid $30k for everything that was not covered. So, I was paying $7,500 every year for the 4 yrs. She quit her 4th year. I'm still mad but I tried.

Back
Top Bottom