• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuffed bell peppers

Man, I love a good meatloaf too...I've been cheating and buying the ones they make at Publix in the meat department. I'm the only one in my household who likes meatloaf. Can't figure that one out lol.
See what's up with women and kids that they don't dig meatloaf ? I don't get it. Many years ago I was at Bike Week in Daytona and one of the very well known bars had a special called " The Dead Dog Sandwich and a Beer". It was meatloaf on white bread with chips and a draft beer. Damn hard to beat.
But it's kinda like fried okra. I love it and my wife is okay with it. But it's such a pain in the ass to make that I usually only get it when we go to Captain D's.

See what's up with women and kids that they don't dig meatloaf ? I don't get it. Many years ago I was at Bike Week in Daytona and one of the very well known bars had a special called " The Dead Dog Sandwich and a Beer". It was meatloaf on white bread with chips and a draft beer. Damn hard to beat.
But it's kinda like fried okra. I love it and my wife is okay with it. But it's such a pain in the ass to make that I usually only get it when we go to Captain D's.

Fried meatloaf sandwich on buttered toast is the bomb!

Man you can't keep that recipe to yourself! Ha!!! Damn that looks GREAT!!!

I made this awhile back. Ground beef, ground pork and a sweet Italian sausage. Stale bread soaked in milk, 2 eggs and bbq sauce. The stuffing was bell peppers and onions, chopped cooked bacon, smoked gouda cheese and left over spinach and artichoke dip. Roll up, brush with more bbq sauce and smoke with apple chips at 250 for around 4 hrs.

I made this awhile back. Ground beef, ground pork and a sweet Italian sausage. Stale bread soaked in milk, 2 eggs and bbq sauce. The stuffing was bell peppers and onions, chopped cooked bacon, smoked gouda cheese and left over spinach and artichoke dip. Roll up, brush with more bbq sauce and smoke with apple chips at 250 for around 4 hrs.

Was it as good as it looks? I'll have to try this on a weekend sometime...thanks for the recipe! I would have never figured that out from the pics.. especially the spinach and artichoke dip!

Was it as good as it looks? I'll have to try this on a weekend sometime...thanks for the recipe! I would have never figured that out from the pics.. especially the spinach and artichoke dip!

Pretty dang good. I have 2 growing boys, so there were no leftovers.

Man, we should have an ODT, meet and greet, pot luck supper sometime. There seems to be an awful lot of good cooks on here.

You got me thinking. You know who has the best fried okra? Church's Chicken. Hands down.

You got me thinking. You know who has the best fried okra? Church's Chicken. Hands down.

Screenshot_20180816-214424.png

Speaking of okra, anyone like pickled okra? I love it. A friend of my wife's gave her about 5 lbs and I made these. They are crunchy, not slimy and delicious.

Back
Top Bottom