• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stun Gun question

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
309   0
Reaction score
I know stun guns are legal to carry in Georgia, or at least that is from what I read. I was talking with a neighbor yesterday, and the topic of the rash of recent car break ins in the neighborhood came up. We both understand the legality of using a firearm, and fine lines of "if" to use one when/if you catch someone breaking into your vehicle.

My neighbor brought up a point of using a stun gun to apprehend-subdue a perp long enough for the police to arrive. How is this viewed in regards to a Georgia citizen's rights protecting their property?

Asking for a friend...really.

What do you about his partner that you didn't notice when you caught the guy?

If you stopped him from committing a crime, what will the court do?

Completely not worth taking the chance.

First off, know the difference between stun guns and Tasers. A stun gun uses pain for compliance and is essentially useless, it hurts but will not "subdue". A taser shoots out two probes and uses neuromuscular incapacitation and does work, IF you get the correct spread and both prongs stick. It'll work for 5 seconds at a time, but what then? Unless you have video, it is going to be a he said, she said situation in which you are risking criminal charges for a number of things if the police choose to believe the perp. And, I am sure, civil charges either way.

And, btw, neither of them causes a person to lose consciousness, a personal pet peeve of mine from the Hollywood industry.

Thieves I’ve seen on my cameras and others are usually wearing a jacket with hood or a thick hoodie, are the barbs able to get through thick layers? Also, do you think you would actually be able to get close enough to use a taser before they ran?

20190122_204337.jpg
Pepper spray would work 1000x better IMO. One of those 30' spray ones.

But I do agree with the guy above, probably not worth it.
Yeah that's the ticket. Here's mine. Tale your pick of either the pocket carry model or the big clears out a parking lot model.View attachment 1979426 View attachment 1979426

Back
Top Bottom