• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stun Gun question

Pepper spray would work 1000x better IMO. One of those 30' spray ones.

But I do agree with the guy above, probably not worth it.

View attachment 1979428
Yeah that's the ticket. Here's mine. Tale your pick of either the pocket carry model or the big clears out a parking lot model.View attachment 1979426 View attachment 1979426

It should be noted that it isn't 100% effective to 100% of people. There is a percentage of people that it will not effect. And, a shift in wind, could incapacitate the user. There is no 100% effective 100% of the time, so still better than nothing.

On a personal note, I would rather be tased everyday for the rest of my life than to have to be sprayed once.

It should be noted that it isn't 100% effective to 100% of people. There is a percentage of people that it will not effect. And, a shift in wind, could incapacitate the user. There is no 100% effective 100% of the time, so still better than nothing.

On a personal note, I would rather be tased everyday for the rest of my life than to have to be sprayed once.
Your last sentence su s it up perfectly. But yes wind can be a factor. Some sprays do like a fine mist that kinda spreads out in a wide area. That might be fine for a crowd of angry man bun skinny jeans milenials but I like the straight stream. I want the one that sprays like a can of wasp and hornet killer. That's the one with more wind resistance and the ability to get a larger volume of pepper in the attackers face in a hurry.
Nothing in the less than lethal category will be 100% on everyone . Although I think the O/C pepper is probably the most effective option. I'll never forget watching the owner of a pawn shop in Byron sticking a 90s vintage stun gun to his thigh and forearm and hitting the button. It didn't phase him at all. That's what I'm afraid of in damn near every stun gun except the big ass cattle prods and actual Tasers. I've always had my doubts about stun guns. They're supposed to have 100K or 500K volts. How do they get that kind of voltage being powered by a 9 volt battery ? I can only assume some type of capacitor is involved.

Been through both and Mace way back when. Please TAZE me bro!!

Responding to the OP, there is a legal void in Georgia on the appropriate use of non-lethal weapons.

For example, you cannot use lethal force in defense of property, the scenario in the OP.

So the legal question is, what force can you use in the defense of property, and this is not at all defined. In plain words, this means that if you use non-lethal force in defense of property the consequences fall on you, not the bad guy.

IMO any time you use any force in defense of property (that doesn't involve your home) you are skating on thin legal ice.

Responding to the OP, there is a legal void in Georgia on the appropriate use of non-lethal weapons.

For example, you cannot use lethal force in defense of property, the scenario in the OP.

So the legal question is, what force can you use in the defense of property, and this is not at all defined. In plain words, this means that if you use non-lethal force in defense of property the consequences fall on you, not the bad guy.

IMO any time you use any force in defense of property (that doesn't involve your home) you are skating on thin legal ice.
The castle doctrine includes a vehicle. Not sure if he has a duty to retreat, I just wouldn't throw out a blanket statement that you cant use lethal force to protect your vehicle because sometimes you can. (Ie: carjacking)

Thanks for all of the responses. I will just relay to the neighbor, if he sees anyone breaking into his car, to just crack a beer on the porch and watch! Whatever Altoids or tire pressure gauge he has in the glove box/console isn't worth risking life or liberty for.

I know stun guns are legal to carry in Georgia, or at least that is from what I read. I was talking with a neighbor yesterday, and the topic of the rash of recent car break ins in the neighborhood came up. We both understand the legality of using a firearm, and fine lines of "if" to use one when/if you catch someone breaking into your vehicle.

My neighbor brought up a point of using a stun gun to apprehend-subdue a perp long enough for the police to arrive. How is this viewed in regards to a Georgia citizen's rights protecting their property?

Asking for a friend...really.
I like this idea...
flame.jpg

Back
Top Bottom