• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid neighbors whining lack of HOA

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
So I seem to have a few neighbors who bemoan our not having a HOA. Makes me want to go strangle them.

Tiffany & Patrick

Just wondering when people bought their homes if they received the regulations set to live by in lakemont that dan Ric put out, last we called the have changed four times don't have new copy and no one there does anything to enforce issues in them like trash, kids on bike, so how many of you have the rules?

Jon
Covenant? It will be a sad day for more than just me when someone mistakenly comes up my driveway and tries to lay ryles to live by on my doorstep. I warned about this type thing back when this site first started. I mind my own business and I suggest others do likewise.

Chris

We received a set when we first moved in. These sorts of things can absolutely not be enforced without an HOA, as much as DanRic wants you to believe otherwise.

I highly recommend, as someone … View more leaving the neighborhood, that everyone really consider whether they want the nightmare of an HOA and all the busybodies that come with that messing up our community. Nextdoor is great, it lets us all communicate in an era where knocking on your neighbor's door is nearly unheard-of. I highly suggest we leave it at that.

And I say that as someone that would loved to have brought down the hammer on the folks in the community that park in the road, keep farm animals on their property, leave CRT TVs sitting by the road for months on end, etc etc.

Be neighborly, be good to each other. Lakemont and Lagrange is a great place to live and have a family. Keep it that way.

Thanked!

Mike
Have rules from 5 years ago

Judy
We bought our home 6 months ago, never received any kind of covenant. I think for the most part most everyone in our neighborhood take pride in ownership of their homes. I know we sure do as do our neighbors. We love it here.

Tonya
Been here for over 3 years never received anything

Candace
Yea we have been here going on 4 years and I don't recall seeing anything.

Angie
There is no HOA, I wish !
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/javascript:void(0)
Jon
SO you WISH for the power to tell me and others how to live? I just WISH you and people like you would mind your own business and leave the rest of us alone. We have ENOUGH government without people like you trying to create yet another layer to harass and control us.

I'm the smartass of the neighborhood. Come to think of it, I think I'm the smartass of every neighborhood I'm part of. lol.

Well said. Freedom hating commies. I made the mistake of living in an hoa once. It was supposed to be more temporary than it ended up being. The ones that usually want the most rules are usually also the ones that will selectively follow them and are usually years behind in paying their dues. They always use the excuse that they just want to keep the property values up. Usually they are just trying to get elected to HOA office so they can find ways to get their hands in your pockets. One more legal scam. There are thousands of lawyers in Florida that make over a million a year just mailing letters for Hoa's. Yeah I'm still a little angry about it.

Example: You get a letter from a law office(along with almost everybody else in the community). It says your grass is brown fix it. The attorney sent the letter at $70 a peice times 45. That's $3,150 that he charged for the letter. You send a letter back saying hey we're in a drought, water restrictions have banned me from fixing the problem. Moreover you have broken the law by sending the letter(in florida in most districts it's illegal for them to attempt to enforce landscaping problems due to lack of water when their are restrictions in place). So guess what he charges an hour for reading the letter, then 2 hours for reading the law and forming an opinion. He then proceeds to mail out 45 letters saying to ignore the other letter until the restriction is lifted at a rate of $70 a piece. Cha Ching. He just made over $7,000 in a week and only worked for maybe 1 hour and paid a paralegal maybe $200.00 to send the letters. That's what an HOA really is.

Wouldn't buy into a 'hood with one myself. Can't stand some retired busybodies telling me what I can and can't do on my own property. Bad enough you can't really own it anyway.

Had a couple guys try to start one in our neighborhood a few years ago, of course they volunteered their time to be the head of such an HOA...clue # 1.
They sent out letters and scheduled a meeting..I went..when my time came I spoke.
It was very short...."until I see your name and account number on the check that pays the mortgage , don't even think of coming to my house to tell me what I am going /not going to do.
Then I walked out and every one else followed me...they said they wanted to walk out on it but didn't have the guts until I did it.
One of the HOA lovers put their house on the market the next day and were gone within a month.

Had a couple guys try to start one in our neighborhood a few years ago, of course they volunteered their time to be the head of such an HOA...clue # 1.
They sent out letters and scheduled a meeting..I went..when my time came I spoke.
It was very short...."until I see your name and account number on the check that pays the mortgage , don't even think of coming to my house to tell me what I am going /not going to do.
Then I walked out and every one else followed me...they said they wanted to walk out on it but didn't have the guts until I did it.
One of the HOA lovers put their house on the market the next day and were gone within a month.
I'm just OCing to any meeting they try to have. ;)

Back
Top Bottom