• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid question?

Not a stupid question whatsoever, and all the opinions here are valid. I've asked the same to many of my buddies who served as well as firearms instructors and armorers. Personally, I keep my "emergency use only" magazines a couple rounds light. The rest stay unloaded until range time.

Not a stupid question whatsoever, and all the opinions here are valid. I've asked the same to many of my buddies who served as well as firearms instructors and armorers. Personally, I keep my "emergency use only" magazines a couple rounds light. The rest stay unloaded until range time.
Do you applies this for AR or both AR and handguns?

Springs will be fine.
If it is Gen2 Magpul mags, lips might spread and ammo will pop out, if you store them loaded for a long time.
GI mags will be fine stored loaded.

That has not been my experience with USGI aluminum magazines. Leaving them loaded caused the feed lips to spread, even leading to cracks in some cases.

Could be a stupid questions but couple months ago I bought my first AR15 which is Sig M400 tread. But I had a questions i wanted to ask but i thought it was stupid. But it has been bugging me so I just going to say it lol

Questions.
When you fill mags/clips with ammo and keep it in there for a long time does the mag spring wear out after a while? to a point where it does not function correctly? Does the spring ever wears out? What do you do with your mags/Clips? DO you fill them with ammo and store it?

go ez on me hahaha
that was a good question but next time please ask if the main spring in an AK 47 will be ok if left alone beside the bed for yrs ?

Back
Top Bottom