• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid question

Beulah Land

Default rank <3000 posts
An old song for an old soul
143   0
Reaction score
I know this is a stupid question and I’m ok with that. Just got a Canik tp9 elite combat and it has the threaded barrel. The gun is ok to shoot with the thing on the end of the barrel and without right? I’ve never had or even wanted a threaded barrel so better safe than sorry. I would like to take it off cause it’s ugly and shoot it that way. Thanks.

the thread protector? yes its fine to shoot with it on the gun and its there to protect the threads for the all important Soupresser that the stone cold killers worship

the thread protector? yes its fine to shoot with it on the gun and its there to protect the threads for the all important Soupresser that the stone cold killers worship
I meant is it ok to shoot without? All the videos I’ve seen it’s on there.

There are aftermarket thread protectors of all styles. Pick one you like and order it. Just make sure to get the correct thread pattern. Either 1/2x28 or 13.5x1lh
Definitely worth getting a nice cheap back up. Ive found some protectors are more likely to walk off than others. Of course you can always add some thread locker on.

There is a rule that you have to read threads that start with 'Stupid Question' lol.

OP you can shoot it with out the thread protector on it.
Also you can buy another if you find one you like better.

Do not red lock-tite these on as they need to be removed for disassembly of the pistol.

Back
Top Bottom