• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid "technical" question about Waterfowl hunts

#2’s are fine, but another advantage is you can usually drop down in shot size and still remain effective. I think #4’s would serve you well.

Adam covered most everything. One thing I might suggest, you might try other non-toxic shell options rather than steel such as bismuth or tungsten. The shells will be more expensive, but you only need a couple boxes. I say this because they hit harder and kill cleaner than steel. This way he can use the 20ga he is comfortable with and extend his range to say 35-40 yds. Just a suggestion. Good luck, stay safe, and have a great time when you go!
Yes you are absolutely correct, if you get tungsten or bismuth you can drop down to #4s and do just fine.

Should I buy the waders for me as well, or is it OK to let it go by himself? I don's think it is dangerous but you guys know better then me.

Also, forgot to ask about decoys. We never use them for doves.

Should I buy the waders for me as well, or is it OK to let it go by himself? I don's think it is dangerous but you guys know better then me.

Also, forgot to ask about decoys. We never use them for doves.
How old is your son? I’m guess 16, but I would buy some waders for you as well. Yes I would buy some mallard decoys

I knew this was going to have an impact on my finances :doh: ;) .

Thank you guys, for your help.

(by reading the hunting regulations it looks like my son does not need the federal stamp since he is still under 16)

Guys, thanks again for your help. On behalf of my son as well :).

IqDYNQB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom