• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid to me: down and out….

BGOBGAI

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
12   0
Reaction score
I hate that I feel this way. I hope I’m the only one.

Down and out over everything. Dealing w family that wants to die, destruction of property, the world we live in. It’s all been crap.

Bought 6 big boxes of full sized candy bars only to to get not one kid saying “ trick or treat”.

ONE!

One thank you from an older kid, ONE! I gave him a second Kit Kat.

Three thank you from seperate parents and the rest NOT A WORD even after I interacted complementing on costumes, saying “ happy Halloween!” “ cool costumes!” Or even “ be safe god bless!” while multiple parents were loading piles of kids back into trailers. 20 ft away.

Being down and out- this Halloween only amplified my perspective that people suck.

I’m not blowing hundreds on candy next year. I’ll buy ammo and keep my light off.

To hell with society

That’s tough. Some parents suck and they are raising their kids to be the same as them. That’s why it’s imperative that those of us with solid foundation and moral compass to be an alternative example for those kids. Be a gentleman- hold the door, let the single mom skip you in the checkout line. These kids are seeking an alternative even if they don’t know it. Our path is steep and narrow but it leads to salvation. Keep the faith my friend

Sorry OP we had a few truck or treaters all were very polite.

one kid had a n FE Uzi , he was a little fellow. His dad was behind had the kids M9 I said Dad good to see that your packing as well.

we laughed he said constitutional carry!

still some good people amongst us, keep the faith OP

I don't know what your exact situation is but I do know this from my own experience with some of the same type stuff.
It's all about attitude. No situation is good or bad, It's what you think of it that makes it that way.
Step back, take a breath and assess the situation.
Adapt and overcome.

Glass is half empty or half full.

Gotta train yourself to see it half full.

Negativity in your life will only drag you down and drain your soul. You can acknowledge it but you can't dwell on it.

This is going to sound stupid but when you wake up in the morning look at yourself in the mirror and smile. Just a simple smile. You will feel a bit better. And think to yourself, I'm going to do my dead-level best to make my life and this earth a better place today.

And making the earth better may be something as simple as picking up a piece of trash and putting it in a trash can when you're out shopping. Something as simple as choosing an apple rather than a candy bar for a snack is a small step to making your life a little better.

And when you lay down at night think to yourself about the little things you did that day to make things better. And tell yourself tomorrow you will try to do maybe something a little more.

Good luck. Easy to get down today with everything going on around us. In fact, if you weren't getting a little concerned, well then that would be unusual. But you have to focus on the positive. It's out there, you just have to see it and appreciate it. And do one small thing every day to make the earth and yourself better.

Glass is half empty or half full.

Gotta train yourself to see it half full.

Negativity in your life will only drag you down and drain your soul. You can acknowledge it but you can't dwell on it.

This is going to sound stupid but when you wake up in the morning look at yourself in the mirror and smile. Just a simple smile. You will feel a bit better. And think to yourself, I'm going to do my dead-level best to make my life and this earth a better place today.

And making the earth better may be something as simple as picking up a piece of trash and putting it in a trash can when you're out shopping. Something as simple as choosing an apple rather than a candy bar for a snack is a small step to making your life a little better.

And when you lay down at night think to yourself about the little things you did that day to make things better. And tell yourself tomorrow you will try to do maybe something a little more.

Good luck. Easy to get down today with everything going on around us. In fact, if you weren't getting a little concerned, well then that would be unusual. But you have to focus on the positive. It's out there, you just have to see it and appreciate it. And do one small thing every day to make the earth and yourself better.
Gr8 post !

Back
Top Bottom