Subcompact issue. Tips?

Favorite choice?

• Total voters

karatekid

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
22   0
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to grip a G42/43 or S&W Shield during multiple shots? I want a single stack, but can't get enough purchase on the tiny grip. Only one that I could shoot confidently right off the bat was the XDS 9. I know there are rough grip panels and such, but haven't tried them out. Tips? Hints? What do y'all do?

A small compact pistol firing self defense rounds is going to be be a handful.

If you want to see a significant change of behavior. Change guns, get a heavier gun and or shoot softer recoiling rounds.

Really these are your only choices. You listed all polymer exceptionally light weight pistols and the difference is marginal, more a preference, which I wholeheartedly endorse but significant changes can only be negated by physics.

Get one of the available extensions. They add a round or two and make a considerable difference in the grip.

I run Strike Industries +2 on my 43 mags. They're cheap and look close to factory.

bacfb700373b25e461cffa97f3abfd14.jpg

I'm 6'4" and my summer EDC is a Glock 42, so yeah, the grip is a bit small and hard to keep hold of.

A simple Hogue slip on universal grip solves the problem. Trim to size and done.

654041.jpg

I wear a size small to medium men's glove. I find the single stacks such as the Shield and the 43 hard to get a good grip on. This is the reason my Shield and my 43 stay at home and my 26 comes with me. This is also the reason the 43 or Shield never replaced my J frame. I get more accuracy when I am deliberate in controlled conditions with my SS than my J but in less than ideal conditions I find my J frame is easier to grip and fire.

As for suggestions.
I found talon or traction grips really help.

Back
Top Bottom