• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Subcompact issue. Tips?

Favorite choice?

• Total voters
+1 on both the strike +2 extenders and the "more range time" comments

The extenders work great and look pretty clean!

The answer to most peoples problems with any firearm is more range time. If you don't own any of these pistols that will be harder but if you found one you like (the XDS) buy it an try it out for a couple of months. If you dont like it, sell it. You may lose some money but you will have gained experience.

The best gun for you is the one you shoot well! I am partial to my kimber ultra carry for this very reason, I shoot it well.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk
More range time is always a good idea, but a good fit for the weapon can make all the difference in the world. Simply beefing up the grip on some of these sub-compacts solves a lot of problems for folks with larger hands.

I own a glock 26, glock 42, lc9s. I have owned a shield and a Kahn pm9. Of all of these the lc9s is what I carry and shoot better than the others. The factory trigger is very good on the lc9s. I have smaller hands and have added a hogue grip sleeve to the lc9s.

View attachment 1314590 talon grips are a sticky/grip tape that is very easy to install and very durable. It looks kinda like "stipple job" but does not damage your frame. It gives better traction for some people on small pistols. Tractiongrips.com and its free shipping. Good sub 20 bucks addition.

Also as mentioned, the strike +2 are reliable, look factory and you can shoot rapid fire much easier with them
View attachment 1314598 another thing that really helps (not sarcastic) is range time. Just shoot it a lot and you will get more of a feel for it and it starts to feel more tame in your hand but these 2 options mentioned will help.
Thanks. I will definitely look into both the extension and talon grips.

More range time is always a good idea, but a good fit for the weapon can make all the difference in the world. Simply beefing up the grip on some of these sub-compacts solves a lot of problems for folks with larger hands.
I have no doubt that the method you described works well! I just have no personal experience with it.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Probably not the most popular gun in this thread but for a carry I carry a Taurus 709 Slim. I'm six foot two and over 250 and this pistol is never failed me. I don't take it out and run thousands of rounds through it I do a little tune up every other week. I would only carry this in warm weather then I switch to something more appropriate not in a 9mm

Back
Top Bottom