• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Subcompact issue. Tips?

Favorite choice?

• Total voters
works.

0f2fe5fddfe51e8ed649c0bb0d7749dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Went to the range and spent time with this guy. I didn't put too many rounds through it, but wasn't doing it for me. Not knocking S&W, just not partial to them. Bet that thing sticks to your hand, though!

Seriously, I'm rocking a Sig P290

I'm also carrying a Sig290 ORB Extreme with the flared grips full of 147gr HSTs' and short mag. The gun is not really a joy at the range as I'm used to nice SA triggers on everything else. I did find that I shoot much better with 147gr 9mm over the 115gr. However, since the gun in a pocket holster is the size of a wallet, it gets carried often. Just make sure to practice with your carry set up and not your range set up. Extended mag is my back up and doesn't get used often at the range.

I carry a Glock 42 as a backup . The 43 I did not care for. Too snappy . I need my backup gun to be reliable and easy to control during a high stress situation . After many tests with many comparable pistols the 42 performed best for me .

If my 42 comes out then my primary pistol failed , is unaccessable or is at that time being taken from me . So my 42 needs to perform or I'm a goner . Find that mini pistol that you get the best results out of. What works for me might not be the best for you. Nobody here can really tell you what works best for you. You gotta test each one yourself . Then practice... a lot .

Back
Top Bottom