• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Subsonic .22 Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
CCI "Quiet" feeds thru magazines and into the chamber, but it usually won't extract or eject. Not enough power. They are freakishly quiet when fired from a rifle though.

CCI Standard Velocity is factually subsonic in every pistol, carbine, or rifle I've ever used it in, and I do have a suppressor, and I can tell when there's a supersonic crack that the silencer cannot suppress. It's reliable in semi autos, and it's very accurate. I used it instead of Green Tag for many Club and regional matches when I used to shoot competitively .

Gemtech supressor is CCI, FYI.
Lot's of 22 is re-branded

Federal Ultramatch is R-50 (they bought a massive lot years ago. FWIW, all Federal Ultramatch is the from the same lot. Buy any pack from anywhere and it is consistent.

Lapua Center X, SK Match and Wolf are the same thing. Although some say that the Lapua Center X are made on a different machine and are slightly higher quality with better controls. My rifles do tend to shoot Center X better than the SK Match and Wolf though.

Norma and Prime are made by RWS (RUAG)

Would assume there are others as well.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Looks like it’s Eley Contact for the win today!

Attachments

• 127E749B-B9C8-427D-AF5B-11FF6258D26B.jpeg
    127E749B-B9C8-427D-AF5B-11FF6258D26B.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1A04D833-43AF-4411-93ED-E91BC4EFD7F1.jpeg
    1A04D833-43AF-4411-93ED-E91BC4EFD7F1.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 20
The CCI Quiet segmented make a mess out of squirrels and are quiet enough that you can hear the bullet impact the rat. Sounds like you smacked them with a hammer. The segmented bullet splits within an inch or less. Heck, you can push on the hollowpoint and it'll start splitting. inside 40 yards and they're unbeatable for rats. They shoot 1/2 mil low compared to the CCI subsonics at 25 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom