• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Subsonic 9mm ammo

What 1911 do you have?
Rock island tactical twins in 9mm, .45acp and Ultra FS HC 10mm on way, holds 16rnds 10mm.

Auto Ordinance GI War II copy

Sig that is really a GSG .22 threaded.

ATI 4.25 FX? .45acp

ATI LW Fatboy .45 double stack 3" compact 12 rounds.

Carry is my Kimber Master Carry Ultra

Think that's is.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

I've never tried 158 grain 9mm, but I would use it.
I have used 147 grain subsonic FMJ, and it was very quiet out of both pistols and a carbine/ SBR.

One thing-- a bullet that long, so much longer than a normal 115 grain 9mm slug-- may need a faster twist rate to stabilize, and give good accuracy.

I'd test some of it on paper and check for group size and keyholing, before I'd put any through a real suppressor and risk a baffle strike.

(FWIW, most of the 9mm guns I've tested over the years gave their best accuracy with 124 or 147 grain bullets, so I'm thinking that 158 is still a good weight/ size).

I was having trouble feeding most "flat nosed" subsonics in my AR9 colt pattern suppressed. Never had a problem with the RN subs, maybe give these a shot.

I tend to be selective with my ammo especially before investing a couple hundred dollars into a bunch. I brought some Summit Subsonic 9mm 147gr but it doesnt fit in my Glocks match barrel. Now I only have some Foicchi 158 which I really like but I'm running low. Need some more.

What happened to all your summit 147? :becky:

I like square nose FMJ. It has to be more effective than roundnose in the SHTF, so I stock up on square nose. Glock eats it fine.

Back
Top Bottom