• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Success! - Has anyone successfully shipped a handgun person to person in GA?

Grats Mugsy. Just being nosey but do you mind telling how much it ended up costing? When I shipped my KelTec back it too went next day and it cost $47. I think for in-state shipping UPS may be trying to get you to just drive it. In most cases it actually may be cheaper to do so.

Grats Mugsy. Just being nosey but do you mind telling how much it ended up costing? When I shipped my KelTec back it too went next day and it cost $47. I think for in-state shipping UPS may be trying to get you to just drive it. In most cases it actually may be cheaper to do so.

MDog, the cost was very close. I agree it is a hassle but as to cost-effectiveness...well it depends.

If I want to trade with someone north of Atlanta I am committed to a 4 1/2 - 7 hour round-trip depending on where he will meet (and precious few north Georgians will come very south of Atlanta for a trade) plus 300-400 miles wear/tear and gas and if I am indulgent enough to eat lunch...well you get the picture. Under those circumstances it may be worth it. OTOH - if you have an FFL buddy who will ship for just actual cost you will save a bundle and avoid much hassle.

If I want to trade with someone north of Atlanta I am committed to a 4 1/2 - 7 hour round-trip depending on where he will meet (and precious few north Georgians will come very south of Atlanta for a trade) plus 300-400 miles wear/tear and gas and if I am indulgent enough to eat lunch...well you get the picture. Under those circumstances it may be worth it. OTOH - if you have an FFL buddy who will ship for just actual cost you will save a bundle and avoid much hassle.

Yeah, I have done 4 deals north of Atlanta and driven all the way for them all. Fortunately for me I managed to schedule them 2 at a time so only 2 trips. I also scheduled one of the trips to coincide with a date I had business in Atlanta already. And then each trip I stopped at Glock and took 3-5 guns there for checkups, upgrades and night sights. All in all very productive trips for 200 mile round trip runs. LOOONG days though.

It IS kind of funny how many people are too busy to drive to put a deal together. I guess it must be nice to live in an area where there are so many buyers that you can just sit and let the sale make itsself.

I remember when we spoke you were willing to meet about half-way. That was VERY refreshing.

Yeah, I have done 4 deals north of Atlanta and driven all the way for them all. Fortunately for me I managed to schedule them 2 at a time so only 2 trips. I also scheduled one of the trips to coincide with a date I had business in Atlanta already. And then each trip I stopped at Glock and took 3-5 guns there for checkups, upgrades and night sights. All in all very productive trips for 200 mile round trip runs. LOOONG days though.

It IS kind of funny how many people are too busy to drive to put a deal together. I guess it must be nice to live in an area where there are so many buyers that you can just sit and let the sale make itsself.

I remember when we spoke you were willing to meet about half-way. That was VERY refreshing.

It must be nice to live in a large metro area to meet but in south GA I usually have to drive to meet people and have only had two deals in town and one where we were both going to be in the same place at the same time. Sometimes the shipping can really help with the deal and sometimes it really hinders the deal. I try to keep my options open but usually am up for a drive at least halfway but some people do not want to do that and I completely agree with being irritated with people not driving to meet or driving limited distances.

Back
Top Bottom