• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Such a thing as a decent deer rifle for $300

not looking for glass at this price, that can come later this year before season, but can $300 get me into a halfway decent deer rifle? Doesn't need to stack holes at 300yds, more like baseball size at 100 I'm guessing to reliably harvest deer?
There’s plenty of them out there if people quit flipping/selling them for 700$+. I used to use a mosin for a few years, then switched to a 30/30 jm marlin I paid 250$ out the door.

People are always looking for an inexpensive basic deer rifle, and this thread has a lot of good information on the topic.
And even back to 2016 it's not so old to be out of date.

Except if we expand the topic to include the cost of expanding point hunting ammo to put in a deer rifle --- in 2021 you have to pay three times as much!

Thread is from 5.5 yrs ago. Gonna assume that the op, with over 200 deals, has found something
you’d be surprised lol. Had several come and go. They’ve never stuck around because I get it in my head I’m gonna hunt “this year” then don’t know where to go and don’t have anybody to show me the ropes. Still itching to kill my first deer, sure do feel like this will be another year it doesn’t happen

you’d be surprised lol. Had several come and go. They’ve never stuck around because I get it in my head I’m gonna hunt “this year” then don’t know where to go and don’t have anybody to show me the ropes. Still itching to kill my first deer, sure do feel like this will be another year it doesn’t happen
Wow, this amazes me. I've seen other posts with folks talking the same "non hunting" stuff. Most times I pass it on by...but you've been here with a heap of +...how is it you ain't been to the woods yet?

Oh yeah, and my vote would go to the rem 710...these are actually well built very underrated ready for the woods rifles,

Have you considered just biting the bullet and paying to hunt at a lodge? Yes, it's crazy expensive but at least you'd get your feet wet.

Back
Top Bottom