• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestion : BBS Games

avmtdan

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Searching for John Galt
123   0
Reaction score
I was just thinking we need another way to spend time on ODT. Any interest in putting on community style BBS games where users could compete with each other? (Honestly have no idea if they even exist, but games like Global Wars and Star Traders were a great way to pass the time on the old BBS systems).

I was just thinking we need another way to spend time on ODT. Any interest in putting on community style BBS games where users could compete with each other? (Honestly have no idea if they even exist, but games like Global Wars and Star Traders were a great way to pass the time on the old BBS systems).

I think I may still have a copy of Wildcat on 5 1/4" in a box somewhere, but most here will have no clue what you're talking about.

BTW if you looking for those old games, there are still a few BBS's alive via telnet:
http://www.synchro.net/sbbslist.html

No, the old BBS games were mainly text driven/turn based, most using a 24 hour clock between turns. Still was alot of fun. Kind of surprised that calendar based forum games haven't become a thing. Back in the day I was hitting 10 different numbers to play the games available. Most of the BBSes were nothing more than pre-internet forums. To get the concept instead of connecting to the internet and every computer connected to it, you would dial a number with a modem to one computer running one forum. IE ODT would have its own number, but when you wanted to go to gunbroker you had to hangup and dial another. Was slow and clunky, but fun for a would be geek.

Back
Top Bottom