Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Colt Lightweight Commander

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Save for Dan Wesson

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Go eat some tacos

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
My only suggestion is that I had what was basically an "Officer's Model" sized 1911 in 9mm, and I liked it.
The only reason I got rid of it was to upgrade to a high capacity 9 with a different trigger system--safe to carry chamber-loaded and without using any manual safety.

I had a Star model BKM.
Specs: Barrel length 3.75", slide width of .84 inches; widest point across grips of 1.25".
Empty weight of 25.2 oz.

Here's a pic of some other guy's BKM-- Mine looked like that, except mine had plastic grips instead of wood.
It felt really good in my hands and shot tight groups with those rather small, fixed sights.

If I could change anything about it, I'd prefer that it have much bigger and colored-dot sights.

Attachments

• Star-BKM.jpg
    Star-BKM.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
I've heard good things about the Ro in general, and as a 9mm in particular recently.

I have the Ruger and the Colt Competition, but I think the RO might meet somewhere in the middle. Going to check on one the next chance I get...

I think that I can pretty assuredly say that MY Springfield Range officer day in and day out is the most accurate 1911 that I own in my hands.
got a few upper tier 1911's like Dan Wesson and Colt Elite and they are very well assembled weapons and accurate but that Government sized 45 acp range officer is sure accurate and reliable.
now to me its definitely NOT a carry gun with those big old target sights , steel frame and 5 inch barrel but on the range its a good one and less than half the price of the Colt or D/W.
Mine is several years old and I think I paid 650-700 bucks for it, I think they are about 100 bucks more now?

Back
Top Bottom