• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions for a good bug out rifle. What have you chosen and why?

Yeah the standard issue M4 is so good that our special forces units use high end HK, LMT or similar high end guns.
Yup, i wuttin tryin to be a turd , just realistic. I don't know bout everybody but I'd have other thangs to put in my back pack than just ammo. Gotta Wife & Kids up in here lol

It depends what you mean by "bug out".

1. Are you carrying all the ammo you need to get where your going on your person? On foot? In a vehicle?
or
2. Are you talking about where you wind up "bugging out" to? Will you have a cache available at that location?

Answers will determine what you need.

It depends what you mean by "bug out".

1. Are you carrying all the ammo you need to get where your going on your person? On foot? In a vehicle?
or
2. Are you talking about where you wind up "bugging out" to? Will you have a cache available at that location?

Answers will determine what you need.
That's what I covered in the opener to the thread. A get me there, not once I'm there.

Yeah the standard issue M4 is so good that our special forces units use high end HK, LMT or similar high end guns.
Where are you getting that from?

"Colt M4A1 SOPMOD Special operations forces can personalize their fully automatic M4A1s with a broad range of SOPMOD accessories.

Few weapons provide today's special "operators" with the tactical flexibility offered by the M16/M4 series' Special Operations Peculiar Modification (SOPMOD) hardware. Under the coordination of the SOPMOD Program Management Office at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Ind., the SOPMOD is a kit concept designed to provide standardized, versatile weapons accessories to meet needs across special operations mission scenarios. Individual accessories are selected for the SOPMOD kit based on their contribution toward increasing operator survivability and lethality by enhanced weapon performance, target acquisition, signature suppression and fire control.The SOPMOD concept is based around the M4A1, the special operations variant of the Colt 5.56 x 45mm M4 Carbine, a versatile weapons system with a sliding buttstock and 14.5-in. barrel (the special operations A1 version is capable of fully automatic fire). When equipped with multiple accessory-mounting surfaces, the M4A1 SOPMOD allows the special operator to tailor his weapon to specific mission requirements."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a231/1281576/

"Special Operations - Weapons
The following details the array of weaponry used by America's elite military units.

Assault Rifles / Carbines:

M4A1
ubiquitous US Army carbine available with a selection of accessories
more info : M4A1 carbine

M4 CQBR
also known as the MK 18 Mod 0, this shortened version of the M4A1 is a favorite within the NSW community
more info : CQBR

M16A4
fourth-generation, full-size AR-15 variant in use with USMC units
more info : M16A4

HK416
specially developed for Delta Force by German gunsmiths, Heckler and Koch
more info : HK416

MK16 Mod 0 SCAR
A newly-developed series of 5.56mm assault rifles, carbines and light sniper rifles
more info : MK 16 Mod 0

MK17 Mod 0 SCAR
A family of 7.62mm carbines, assault rifles and light sniper rifles
more info : MK 17 Mod 0

MK 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle
A modernized M-14 rifle in use with the SEALs.
more info : MK 14 Mod 0

M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle
The USMC use this variant of the HK416 in the automatic rifleman role.
more info : M27 IAR"

http://www.americanspecialops.com/special-ops-weapons/

There are a couple of HKs, but the vast majority are M4, SCAR and M14 variants. So yeah, I'll bet my life on it.

Back
Top Bottom