• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions on entry level gunsmithing tools

Mxoffroader

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on entry level kits. I've messed with one or two and wasn't impressed. Thought I'd find some quality info here. Brand names and model names preferred! Thanks in advance everyone

Don't have any brand name sugestions. Center punch, drill press, a good file set(with large and small files), set of punches, and a brass or polymer hammer, torque wrench, scredriver set. Can't think of much you can't do without all this.
As long as you avoid harbor freight you should be ok. Except for the polymer hammer. You are gonna ruin it anyway, so might as well go cheap.

Starrett punches and measuring tools are as good as it gets . . Get a good small soft faced hammer as well as a heavy one. Get a good screwdriver set with square cut ends

Just to clarify, gunsmithing or armorers tools?

Grace and starrett make good punches. Cheap ones can and will bend and deform.

Thanks for all the responses. To be specific I'm looking to gain more ability to break down more weapons for modifications and basic maintence so I guess more towards the armorers stuff. I just know punches etc are what I'm looking for.

Also on the comment of cheap punches bending...I have experience with that haha.

Back
Top Bottom