• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Summer Carry - talk me out of buying a Kahr CM9

jeshoffstall

Bear Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
69   0
Reaction score
Settled on a Gen 4 G26 for EDC, but really enjoy carrying the G42 - easier to sit down, no belt drag, very comfortable, etc. I just wish it was 9mm. Been eyeying the CM/PM 9s very hard. I am a big fan of the glock trigger as I shoot of the reset, and understand this to be of a smooth DA pull? Does it have a reset? Can night sights be put on a CM?

Owned, shot and sold the Shield, XDS, Nano - something always pushed back to the glock.

Thanks,
Jack

Okay i'll play..... Don't buy that Kahr, save some dough.....buy my Kel-Tec PF9 Make me a cash offer! http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...n-PF9-w-Black-Slide-1-mag-loaded-with-SD-Ammo
Settled on a Gen 4 G26 for EDC, but really enjoy carrying the G42 - easier to sit down, no belt drag, very comfortable, etc. I just wish it was 9mm. Been eyeying the CM/PM 9s very hard. I am a big fan of the glock trigger as I shoot of the reset, and understand this to be of a smooth DA pull? Does it have a reset? Can night sights be put on a CM?

Owned, shot and sold the Shield, XDS, Nano - something always pushed back to the glock.

Thanks,
Jack

Thanks,
Jack

Looks like great minds think alike. I just picked up a G26 and am planning on making that one of my carry guns. I like the capacity to size ratio on it and I'm definitely a fan of Glocks. However, there will be times I need something less bulky to carry. My next plan is to buy either the CM9 or PM9. It is a trigger cocking DAO. Every trigger has a reset...at least if you want to pull the trigger more than once haha. Okay, now that I'm done being a wise *ss, the reset is the full length of the trigger pull. It's such a smooth trigger though I don't even care about the lack of reset. It's light, extremely compact, extremely well built, and carries 6 rds of 9mm, with a very smooth trigger. I say go for it. When the **** hits the fan, you won't give a hoot about the reset. Most believe (I think even Masad Ayoob) that trigger reset muscle memory is a fine motor skill which goes completely out the window in a stressful situation. Others will debate that point, but regardless, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Kahr if you are looking for something smaller in 9mm.

That's my $0.02. Good luck brother!

Personally I sold my CM9 and got a Shield. Better trigger pull and I shoot it better. You can also get an Apex trigger kit if you don't like the initial grittiness. (goes away)

Love the CM9- you will like it. I think you have to upgrade to the PM9 to get the nights sights and that's a pretty high price point. If you gotta have night sights stick with the G26. But the CM9 will quickly become your favorite carry gun.

Personally I sold my CM9 and got a Shield. Better trigger pull and I shoot it better. You can also get an Apex trigger kit if you don't like the initial grittiness. (goes away)

Shield has a great trigger. And if you shoot it better and like it better, then that's definitely what you should carry. But it's 4.6 inches in height compared to 4.0 inches in height on the CM9 (OP to give you frame of reference, the G26 is 4.1 inches in height). That amount goes a LONG way if you are more concerned with conceal-ability. After all, the grip (included in height measurement) is the part that sticks out of your pants if you are IWB carrying. It also makes it a viable pocket carry option. With that said, the Shield is still a nice gun if you can conceal it the way you want to.

Back
Top Bottom