• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sunglass Whore'der

only have a couple pair of nicer ones. I have a pair of oakleys I wear when im riding, or doing yard work or something where I want a firmer fit other than that its ray ban aviators 100% of the time.

I have 8 or 9 pairs of Oakleys,
2 pair of costa's with the glass lens's both a 400 and a 580
I have been looking at the aviators lately thinking about pulling the trigger.

theres a big sale coming up

Ray Ban's are not what they used to be. Back when B&L owned them, they were great quality, now that Luxottica owns them, they don't last.
I like the Coasta's, Maui Jim and Smith Optics.
It also depends on what you are going to be doing with them, hunting/fishing, skiing, driving, beach/pool wear or just hanging out.
The Oakley's lens are great for sports, but the lens material is way too soft for durability.
The Revo brand just went through a redesign about 2 years ago and their lenses are really nice as well.
I used to be a store manager for a sunglass store and saw many different sunglasses come in.

I understand that sounds like Luxottica is trying to grab up everything I heard they are working on trying to purchasing Costa
I have heard that rumor as well them buying Maui Jim, if they haven't already.
Their manufacturing facility is a block up the road from my work. They just completed a new 4 story, 500,000 sqft building across the street from the other one. They recently completed the buyout of Oakley. The Oakley building in California is no more, except the R&D building.
Luxottica is becoming the Global optics giant for sure.

I have heard that rumor as well them buying Maui Jim, if they haven't already.
Their manufacturing facility is a block up the road from my work. They just completed a new 4 story, 500,000 sqft building across the street from the other one. They recently completed the buyout of Oakley. The Oakley building in California is no more, except the R&D building.
Luxottica is becoming the Global optics giant for sure.

yup they are buying up everything they can, not just brands but I cant even count how many companies like sunglass hut they actually own too, nuts to think they'll all soon be owned by one company. I'd also agree that my older B&L ray bans seem a little bit nicer but honestly don't have any real complaints out of my newer ones either.

yup they are buying up everything they can, not just brands but I cant even count how many companies like sunglass hut they actually own too, nuts to think they'll all soon be owned by one company.

They own the Sunglass Hut brand and all stores. They also do all the optics for Sears & Wal-Mart vision as well.

Back
Top Bottom