• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sunglasses for motorcycles

Al Capone

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
What’s best sunglasses for wind resistance while riding a motorcycle? I have a Sportster and haven’t found a good pair that does a well enough job while wearing 3/4 helmet. At 50+ the wind is brutal and especially while wearing contacts.

I used a set of Wiley-X "Brick" with seals while I was in Iraq. They kept out the sand during a sandstorm while riding in a turret at 45mph. Plus they're ballistic rated. They cost around $120
I went with the Bricks because they seal almost completely. The SG-1 has small vents at the top. They may be better suited for riding as they vent hot air out of the glasses.

x-brick-polarized-smoke-gray.jpg
x-sg-1-v-cut-smoke-gray-clear.jpg

I used a set of Wiley-X "Brick" with seals while I was in Iraq. They kept out the sand during a sandstorm while riding in a turret at 45mph. Plus they're ballistic rated. They cost around $120
I went with the Bricks because they seal almost completely. The SG-1 has small vents at the top. They may be better suited for riding as they vent hot air out of the glasses.

View attachment 1586379 View attachment 1586380
Gonna try these. Thanks.

I've been wearing Oakley Straight Jackets for about 10 years while wearing a half helmet, 115 mph with no problems but I don't wear contacts either. They run about $125, they kind of wrap around and they're safety rated glasses too, my eyes are light sensitive and these are the best shades I've ever had. When the tree & grass pollen is bad (I have terrible allergies) I wear goggles that I got at Jere's Cycle Craft close to Moreland, can't beat those things for $10, I got a set of shades and a clear set for night.

I been wearing Wiley X for many years . lottsa miles on my old harleys, wiley X have held up good and comfortable too. You should be able to get a deal on some SG1 wileys, lots were issued in the sand box...

Back
Top Bottom