• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sunglasses for motorcycles

RE: Motorcycle group riding. MSF // Motorcycle Safety Foundation teaches riding in a stagger with the left rider on point, forward. I always rode this way in a group.

Yet, whenever I see a couple motorcops, Gwinnett comes to mind, riding "together" they are side by side, no stagger. This effectively halves your escape space and limits your options to evade. What do cops know that the MSF doesn't??? I would really like for a motorcop to chime in.

A while back a co-worker had to work late and had only brought his prescription sunglasses.
He wore them and tore himself up pretty bad driving over the center curbing at an intersection.

Believe it or not, RayBan Wayfarers worked VERY well for me.
Better than Oakley, Kaenon, Wiley-X, etc.

and please #dontweargoggles

I used a set of Wiley-X "Brick" with seals while I was in Iraq. They kept out the sand during a sandstorm while riding in a turret at 45mph. Plus they're ballistic rated. They cost around $120
I went with the Bricks because they seal almost completely. The SG-1 has small vents at the top. They may be better suited for riding as they vent hot air out of the glasses.

View attachment 1586379 View attachment 1586380

This... stops the buffeting effect of the wind very well.

Back
Top Bottom