• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Bowl 50

Who you got?

• Total voters
bama.jpg

Watching the post game interviews, Cam once again proves the kind of man he is...

The Panthers need to send that dude to charm school during the off season. Otherwise he's got maybe another season or two before another great player takes the spotlight and he's on the curb or playing for the Bengles or the CFL.

Stephen A. Smith gets it right:

Oh Damn! @CameronNewton just got up and walked off the podium. Totally understand! But you still can't do that. You just can't.#ManUP

Quarterback Cam Newton kept his postgame comments very short, with the disappointment from the Panthers' 24-10 loss to the Broncos still fresh. Reporters' questions italicized when they could be heard.

[Inaudible question]
"We'll be back."

Ron [Rivera] said Denver two years ago had a tough time and they bounced back, do you take that to heart?
"No."

Can you put a finger on why Carolina didn't play the way it normally plays?
"Got outplayed."

Is there a reason why?
"Got outplayed, bro."

Was it pretty much what you had seen on film from Denver? Anything different they put in for this game?
"Nothing different."

Do we sometimes forget that defenses can still take apart the offenses in this game?
"No."

[Inaudible question about Rivera's post-game comments]
"He told us a lot of things."

Anything in particular that was memorable?
"Nope."

Obviously you're disappointed ... on the biggest stage it's difficult, I know...
[nods head]

Did you see anything that you didn't expect tonight?
"They just played better than us. I don't know what you want me to say. They made more plays than us, and that's what it comes down to. We had our opportunities. It wasn't nothing special that they did. We dropped balls, we turned the ball over, gave up sacks, threw errant passes. That's it. They scored more points than us."

Can you put into words the disappointment you feel right now?
"We lost."

Did Denver change anything defensively to take away your running lanes?
"No."

I know you're disappointed not just for yourself, but for your teammates. It's got to be real tough...
[shakes head] "I'm done man."

Back
Top Bottom