• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Bowl Crash

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-02-09-12-58-11.png

I was actually thinking of this very thing this morning, amazing what I wake up with in my head. LOL.

My thought was, how low is low enough for the NFL to go out of business? All I have heard for the past few years is how the ratings are tanking and no one is watching, yet year after year they have a season. Plus you get pictures sent of games and there is no one in the stands (pre COVID season). Just wonder how that is possible? Is it "fake news" that the ratings are low? Are the pictures pre-game footage? Is there enough sponsors to keep the NFL a float during these "troublesome" times?

This is not a call to not watch the NFL, or it is a wish for it to tank. Just wondering out loud via keyboard. Seems this also goes towards NASCAR as well, keep hearing and seeing the same thing.

These ratings when people are starving for entrainment. If Roger Goodell had reacted correctly to Kap and taking a knee, this would have been the highest rated and most watched super bowl of all times and it would have been coming off a huge season.

Misleading clickbait article. I read it, and it clearly states:

CBS says 96.4 million viewers watched Super Bowl 55 between the champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs this past Sunday, a decrease compared to last year's big game despite a record in streaming.

The game was the most live-streamed NFL contest ever with an average minute audience of 5.7 million viewers, the network said during its release announcing viewership, which came a day later than normal; streaming numbers are expected to increase each year as cable subscriptions dwindle and consumer behavior changes.

Last year's matchup between the Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers, which aired on FOX, hauled in 102 million viewers. The lopsided margin in this year's edition did not help ratings, but it will by far remain the most-viewed telecast of the year.

So yes, TV viewership was down, but streaming was way up, most live streamed NFL contest ever. And, as sated, despite the loss in TV viewership, it was still the most viewed telecast of the year. NFL isn't going out of business any time soon.

Reactions: GFB
I don’t have a clue who the weirdo on the bottom is, but, I know for a fact that Jack Lambert was one Badass Mutha on the field, EVERYBODY was scared to death of him. Lol!

6C1300B3-9D71-4E65-8588-E8F6E3007060.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom