• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Speeder Question

No disrespect, but I doubt that you never sped before in your life. I dont know you from a can of paint, but no one is that perfect to never broken a law/infraction. My mom told me a story about getting hired at then bank Wachovia. Manager said everyone fails this part of the application, the question asking have you EVER stolen before. She put yes, which is the right answer. Example scenario the manager used: You use the "free" ballpoint ink pens at the bank, you accidentally take the pen with you. Even though it was unintentional, you still stole. People who smoke take lighters from other smokers everyday. Not serious theft, but still theft. Admit it, you went 45 in a 40 before. :boink::boink::blah::blah:
you aint speeding unless you get caught.

What everyone should be doing is calling their local legislator and getting the "super speeder" fine legislation repealed, and traffic fines lowered to sane amounts. Some one should not have to forfeit 2-3 weeks pay for simple traffic violations. This is not about slowing people down, it's all about revenue collection. Tickets use to be reasonable, but the fines have become crazy. You go into one of the city courts (kangaroo courts) and it's obvious it is all about the money.

2016 when I went to traffic court in Temple Ga over 50% of the cases were for speeding on I-20 in the construction zone. All fines doubles, revenue collection on steroids.

Go to court I did and alot of times they will drop the super speeder but make the fine $450 so they get the $. What they don't tell you if the ticket sticks you have to have SR22 car insurance for 2 years at $2400 a year. Good luck

Go to court I did and alot of times they will drop the super speeder but make the fine $450 so they get the $. What they don't tell you if the ticket sticks you have to have SR22 car insurance for 2 years at $2400 a year. Good luck
$500 for a lawyer doesn't look too bad in that context, does it.

I'm glad it worked out for so many of you that just showed up in court, and the prosecutor or judge was so agreeable. I admire your willingness to make a large bet on whether the judge has gas this morning or didn't get laid last night.

No disrespect, but I doubt that you never sped before in your life. I dont know you from a can of paint, but no one is that perfect to never broken a law/infraction. My mom told me a story about getting hired at then bank Wachovia. Manager said everyone fails this part of the application, the question asking have you EVER stolen before. She put yes, which is the right answer. Example scenario the manager used: You use the "free" ballpoint ink pens at the bank, you accidentally take the pen with you. Even though it was unintentional, you still stole. People who smoke take lighters from other smokers everyday. Not serious theft, but still theft. Admit it, you went 45 in a 40 before. :boink::boink::blah::blah:

Actually, I have never sped, period.

Why? Because several weeks after I got my license, I got in an accident. At that time, my state had a law that if you get a 2nd ticket for any reason, you lose your license till you are 21, period. After a while, you learn the posted speed limit is, indeed a LIMIT! and not an average or a suggestion.

Made a believer out of me!

So I was able to get the speed reduced to non-reportable. I contacted the solicitor/prosecutor, and he knocked it down to 14 over after I called him, and sent him my 7 yr driving record, which had nothing on it. Fine was the same to the county as the original fine, but no super speeder on my record, insurance hike r/t points, or the $200 fine to GA. Thanks all of the advice, no court and no lawyer after all

Back
Top Bottom