• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Tactical Police

Do you acknowledge that this attitude, which you deny having yourself, does exist in LE today?

And, sorry, I have no interest in being LE. I serve in other ways. But I fail to see how that means I can't "scrutinize" what I see as a threat to American freedom and liberty. Maybe if the "good ones", such as yourself apparently, did a little more "scrutinizing" of your own community, this wouldn't be as big a problem.

There are several on this forum who will vouch for my character since you question it's authenticity. And I very much scrutinize the ass hats who wear a badge and have that mentality. Hell, I detest it. But by all means, judge away!

Amen bro

Until you've been there and done that, try not to be so judgmental. Like I've said before...on any day of the week as an LEO you don't know what you'll have to run to or run from. A "routine" welfare check or traffic stop can turn into a situation where you're forced to "run&gun". And believe it or not it happens more than you may believe. Take just a second and check out youtube. Look for "officer shot during traffic stop" and maybe it'll shed a little light on what seems excessive in your opinion. Concealable ballistic vests are VERY restricting and limit your range of motion. Most LEO pray they don't have to draw that weapon and use deadly force BUT if and when your @$$ is on the line. It's mighty handy being able to get your weapon out and on target before the "bad guy " -who will more than likely have the drop on you- changes your haircut. If obtaining this edge by adopting a "unconventional" uniform intimidates a few people. Then in my humble opinion it's a small price to pay to help insure that a officer makes it home. THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS!

There are several on this forum who will vouch for my character since you question it's authenticity. And I very much scrutinize the ass hats who wear a badge and have that mentality. Hell, I detest it. But by all means, judge away!

I started the thread looking for answers as to why the military style equipment is now common place, most certainly not to scrutinize officers or bash law enforcement. Like is previously stated, my brother in law is a deputy and I most certainly don't feel that most officers carry a chip on their shoulder. It's 2014 and tactical vests and equipment have been around for a long time, I find it hard to believe that the current use is for easy accessibility of material. I don't ever recall seeing regular patrol officers wearing web or alice gear.

I started the thread looking for answers as to why the military style equipment is now common place, most certainly not to scrutinize officers or bash law enforcement. Like is previously stated, my brother in law is a deputy and I most certainly don't feel that most officers carry a chip on their shoulder. It's 2014 and tactical vests and equipment have been around for a long time, I find it hard to believe that the current use is for easy accessibility of material. I don't ever recall seeing regular patrol officers wearing web or alice gear.

psh come to Kennesaw to see the web gear. I like your username though "flammer warfare"

My point is that my dept does not utilize those type of vests. My particular uniform is the polo and khaki shirt with an undervest. Regular patrol officers still wear the standard blues. No outer vest either. I only say that we use the cargos as utility because out polos have no pockets. Our SWAT guys wear the Molle vests only during a SWAT op. Can't speak for other depts, but I'd imagine they're also specialized units as well.

I don't know you from anyone else. I'm very happy to hear that you're the perfect public servant. We need more like you.

Meh, I would rather see tactical vest and what not than the fat bastards wearing uniforms around here. Get pulled over down here and you have to fear that one of those buttons holding his belly back are going to fly off and poke your eye out.

Meh, I would rather see tactical vest and what not than the fat bastards wearing uniforms around here. Get pulled over down here and you have to fear that one of those buttons holding his belly back are going to fly off and poke your eye out.

That's awesome... And they prefer the term "tactical girth"... Whatever the **** that means.

I wear a stand at duty belt with a Glock 21, cuffs, mags, OC, asp and a flashlight. I have no issued long gun of any sort. Our patrol officers don't carry any. My vest is under my polo shirt. I don't have a "militarization" attitude. I don't believe it's us against them. I believe my duty is to protect the citizens I serve from predators. I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment and strongly train young officers on our carry laws. I stay in this site with all of its LEO bashing, because I believe it's a great site with mostly good folks who have common interests. If you wish to generalize my profession, so be it. Just have a little sense to know that the generalization does not carry over to most of the profession. Walk a mile in our boots before scrutinizing please.

Right on Brother!!

Yes I wear a tactical uniform because I belong to a tactical unit, I am issued a LWRC M6 rifle. We train and are equipped with equipment to meet todays threat to public safety and LEO. I treat everyone I come in contact with the same way I would want my wife or mother treated, regardless of how I am dressed and equipped. I too stay on this site because I support what it stands for. I love buying and trading firearms and other things here. Any LEO on here can attest that we are running into more and more rifles on the streets that will absolutely tear through a standard vest. Aks and ARs are out there folks, thugs have them, most of them are stolen from people like everyone on here. So I do believe that the ballistic style plate carriers are necessary. You never know what is going to happen. Ive had the unfortunate experience of having a coworker and friend shot and killed at the end of a vehicle pursuit. And ill end by saying there are plenty of cops out there who shouldn't be. It is extremely tough to gauge how someone will be when they are given authority. Those who cant handle it usually don't last. Have a good day everyone and God Bless!!

Back
Top Bottom