• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Tactical Police

Also, polyester melts when exposed to flame or heat. Cotton protects a little better. Reason I say that is every now and then LEO get near fire (vehicle fire or house) and actually try and help people. Crazy I know but they do. I'm a half breed, half LEO half Firefighter. Our uniforms at the FD were nomex pants $90 and shirt $90. Not including double that if you are large or tall. Now we are wearing gray 511's and blue polo shirts. Half the time we pulled up on scene we get called the "popo" because our uniforms were blue. When I was patrolling the polyester was hot and itchy and totally sucked. 511's and polo shirts cost tons less too.

I actually was referred to a article by a LEO friend that he feels that represents both aspects of it. I'm satisfied with the content for the answers I was looking for. Take a look....

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/leadership/tactical-vs-traditional-unifor

Of course the article was by a current LEO, not their employers, the public. I would much prefer a pair of 5.11's and a red shirt that clearly stated POLICE across the back. Comfortable and clearly utilitarian. The uniforms that disturbs me is non-tactical units wearing uniforms like they are headed off to war...gang units are not war. They have been around and just as dangerous for decades. Anyone that thinks they aren't is full of it. When the situation warrants call an appropriate unit use them.

Back
Top Bottom