• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Tactical Police

Put someone in a pirate outfit and they will act like one, regardless of the outfit, people change to take on the persona of it.

That would be awesome!

pirate-cop.jpg

I dont really care about the way they dress ,but the face masks really piss me off .. Absolutely no need for them . I understand the need for clear face shields .
Over used IMO but there are criminal organizations that try to hunt down the LEO that help put them in prison. Often targeting the family's of LEO, so there are times they are appropriate.The kidnapping of the prosecutors father last week should be a reminder!

Really?

Funny...when a "civilian" wears 5.11 pants or whatever, it's because he's a wannabe operator...but when a cop wears them, ya know, it's just for the extra pockets.

Yeah really! Most outer vests don't have pockets for items such as notepads, pens, or other basic items that officers carry. In addition when wearing a duty belt, access to the front pockets is limited.

Yeah really! Most outer vests don't have pockets for items such as notepads, pens, or other basic items that officers carry. In addition when wearing a duty belt, access to the front pockets is limited.

I'm not questioning the utility of it, I'm questioning the poor attempt at apologetics.

It's a carefully cultivated look, yes, intended to be intimidating. If you need a place for your notepads and pens, carry a fanny pack. If you want to look like an "operator", wear tactical gear.

And yeah, if you have someone dress for a certain part, they're going to want to play that part. Give a bunch of guys military weapons, clothing, and vehicles, they're going to want to use them, even when it's not appropriate...which, get real, in civilian law enforcement is probably 99% of the time.

I'm not questioning the utility of it, I'm questioning the poor attempt at apologetics.

It's a carefully cultivated look, yes, intended to be intimidating. If you need a place for your notepads and pens, carry a fanny pack. If you want to look like an "operator", wear tactical gear.

And yeah, if you have someone dress for a certain part, they're going to want to play that part. Give a bunch of guys military weapons, clothing, and vehicles, they're going to want to use them, even when it's not appropriate...which, get real, in civilian law enforcement is probably 99% of the time.

Fanny pack?
www.secretsofthefed.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_09_randy_marshe8f66d7b646e93759288110779c7d0f7.jpg

Yeah ok. Whatever. I'm sure you're expertise on this subject far outweighs anything I could offer! And I don't recall making apologies.

A fanny pack.... :pound:

Last edited:
Is there any piece of equipment that y'all wouldn't support the local PD having? At what point is it too much?

Has the equipment and mode of dress affected the attitude shift among LEOs or has the attitude shift led to the militarization?

The real issue is how LEOs look at the public, all the window dressing is just the outward reflection of how the attitude has changed for the worse over the last few decades.

Back
Top Bottom