• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Tactical Police

Over used IMO but there are criminal organizations that try to hunt down the LEO that help put them in prison. Often targeting the family's of LEO, so there are times they are appropriate.The kidnapping of the prosecutors father last week should be a reminder!

I would have to disagree . How about the juries ,lawyers,and judges that not only put them in jail ,but also determined for how long ?

Yeah ok. Whatever. I'm sure you're expertise on this subject far outweighs anything I could offer! And I don't recall making apologies.

What "expertise" is necessary to see the gradual and continual militarization of law enforcement in this country?

And the term is "apologetics", not apologies. I would not expect "apologies" from you.

A fanny pack.... :pound:

If you don't want silly answers, don't come to me with nonsense about tactical gear being necessary because of the need to carry pens and notebooks.

What "expertise" is necessary to see the gradual and continual militarization of law enforcement in this country?

And the term is "apologetics", not apologies. I would not expect "apologies" from you.

If you don't want silly answers, don't come to me with nonsense about tactical gear being necessary because of the need to carry pens and notebooks.

The nonsense is that khaki cargos and polos are intimidating. Old Navy must freak you the hell out. Pretty flaccid argument.

* I know what you meant by apologetics. I was making a play on words in a futile attempt to lighten the mood

Last edited:
Is there any piece of equipment that y'all wouldn't support the local PD having? At what point is it too much?

I support law enforcement using whatever is necessary for whatever specific task they have. Routine patrols and handing out speeding tickets does not require the same gear as soldiers kicking down doors in Baghdad.

Has the equipment and mode of dress affected the attitude shift among LEOs or has the attitude shift led to the militarization?

Probably a little bit of both.

I honestly think that some of it is the result of former military members transitioning to civilian life and going into law enforcement because it's the closest thing they could find to what they did while in the service. Unfortunately, as I said earlier, it's two different jobs, requiring different attitudes, different skill sets, and yeah, different equipment. So these guys come back with a certain mindset and are used to dealing with "civilians" in a certain way with certain tools...only now we're talking about fellow Americans rather than hajjis and insurgents.

And let's not forget the War on Drugs...yes, the violence and sophistication of the people involved in the drug trade do require more than what we expected of law enforcement 50 years ago. All the gear and vehicles and face masks and all that probably are necessary in a lot of situations. The problem, though, is when those attitudes and techniques are used against everyone else. And what this really points to is the futility and anti-liberty ramifications inherent in the War on Drugs.

The real issue is how LEOs look at the public, all the window dressing is just the outward reflection of how the attitude has changed for the worse over the last few decades.

Absolutely.

The nonsense is that khaki cargos and polos are intimidating. Old Navy must freak you the hell out. Pretty flaccid argument.

What's really "flaccid" is the straw man you're trying to build. You're trying like hell to focus on the innocuous details while ignoring the mountain of other stuff that we're actually talking about.

If LEOs were really just walking around in khaki cargos and polos, no one would care. It's all the other military grade equipment, and techniques and attitudes, that you're trying to lump in, gloss over, and justify with the khakis and polo shirts.

rnad.jpg

What's really "flaccid" is the straw man you're trying to build. You're trying like hell to focus on the innocuous details while ignoring the mountain of other stuff that we're actually talking about.

If LEOs were really just walking around in khaki cargos and polos, no one would care. It's all the other military grade equipment, and techniques and attitudes, that you're trying to lump in, gloss over, and justify with the khakis and polo shirts.

I wear a stand at duty belt with a Glock 21, cuffs, mags, OC, asp and a flashlight. I have no issued long gun of any sort. Our patrol officers don't carry any. My vest is under my polo shirt. I don't have a "militarization" attitude. I don't believe it's us against them. I believe my duty is to protect the citizens I serve from predators. I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment and strongly train young officers on our carry laws. I stay in this site with all of its LEO bashing, because I believe it's a great site with mostly good folks who have common interests. If you wish to generalize my profession, so be it. Just have a little sense to know that the generalization does not carry over to most of the profession. Walk a mile in our boots before scrutinizing please.

I wear a stand at duty belt with a Glock 21, cuffs, mags, OC, asp and a flashlight. I have no issued long gun of any sort. Our patrol officers don't carry any. My vest is under my polo shirt. I don't have a "militarization" attitude. I don't believe it's us against them. I believe my duty is to protect the citizens I serve from predators. I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment and strongly train young officers on our carry laws. I stay in this site with all of its LEO bashing, because I believe it's a great site with mostly good folks who have common interests. If you wish to generalize my profession, so be it. Just have a little sense to know that the generalization does not carry over to most of the profession. Walk a mile in our boots before scrutinizing please.

Do you acknowledge that this attitude, which you deny having yourself, does exist in LE today?

And, sorry, I have no interest in being LE. I serve in other ways. But I fail to see how that means I can't "scrutinize" what I see as a threat to American freedom and liberty. Maybe if the "good ones", such as yourself apparently, did a little more "scrutinizing" of your own community, this wouldn't be as big a problem.

Back
Top Bottom