• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Supply Chain Disruption

Last I heard, 90 container ships were docked outside the harbor waiting their turn at the Port of Los Angeles Shipping Terminal. Lots of goods are not getting to market. I was going to buy a wired mouse from Amazon, and they reported an anticipated delivery by the end of November- it's still on the boat.

This terminal is ginormous: https://www.portoflosangeles.org/business/terminals/container
Sunday my wife showed me a map of the California coastline. There were little colored dots all around. Dozens or more. And each one was a ship waiting to dock and off load.

The disruption is world wide. We are not getting the final products, but many manufacturers can not get the raw materials needed for production.

Couple that with a looming energy crunch where China is having to shut down factories and winter is rapidly approaching.

Add in increased consumer demand and you have a recipe for major shortages in the future.

Ignite a round of panic buying and hyperinflation and watch it all go up in flames.

The disruption is world wide. We are not getting the final products, but many manufacturers can not get the raw materials needed for production.

Couple that with a looming energy crunch where China is having to shut down factories and winter is rapidly approaching.

Add in increased consumer demand and you have a recipe for major shortages in the future.

Ignite a round of panic buying and hyperinflation and watch it all go up in flames.
I'm celebrating Festivus this year.

We had more projects scheduled this year than we could handle because we cannot find personal to fill positions. But, they all have been postponed because the equipment needed for these projects that usually take 2-3 weeks to receive now have a 6-8 MONTH lead time. And this lead time is not guaranteed.

Scary times.

Back
Top Bottom