• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Supply Chain Disruption

The sad part is as a country we will learn nothing from this. The typical consumer loves their cheap China crap too much, they couldn’t dare be bothered to pay slightly more to have things made here.
The last few items I have ordered off the internet came from China.
Soft pot metal that bends under minimal pressure, screw holes undersized for the screws sent with product, screws and bolts that strip with minimal pressure.
Nobody’s fault but my own for ordering them, but seemingly unavailable anywhere else.

The last few items I have ordered off the internet came from China.
Soft pot metal that bends under minimal pressure, screw holes undersized for the screws sent with product, screws and bolts that strip with minimal pressure.
Nobody’s fault but my own for ordering them, but seemingly unavailable anywhere else.
The biggest problem with buying something made in America is finding something made in America. Good luck doing that.

I would gladly pay more for a USA product.

I try not to buy anything made in China. Good luck with that one too.

It looks like the world supply chain is going from bad to worse.

Look for additional shortages and even higher prices.

This may kickoff panick buying making it all that much worse.

What a cluster F***.
All that corn we got from the garden this year…we kept the cobs cause we are in to repurposing. Bawahaha

All of us who have tried to warn our friends and families and have prepared for stuff like this are finally looking like the sane ones. The cows are coming home and chickens are coming to roost... if you haven't got what you need to survive by now you haven't been paying enough attention... it's only gonna get worse, and nobody is coming to save us.

The biggest problem with buying something made in America is finding something made in America. Good luck doing that.

Get ready to pay 5X or more than you are used to paying for the same quality goods.

For years Americans were paid to box up US made manufacturing equipment and ship it overseas, a lot went to China, but not all.
Then the US employees were permanently laid off.

Hoard what you can and put off any non essential purchases till it settles. Making decisions that start with "Seems like a good price considering the economy" means you're paying too much.

Better to just put your cash towards being debt free, it's hard to say what the next 5-7 years will be like. With government wanting your bank transactions of $600 & up to be reported to the IRS, that's when you should start hoarding your money, silver, gold, or whatever you consider currency.

Plan for the possibility of a real economic depression.
Buy any non-spoilable goods that you think you will need in the next 2, 3 years.
The bank reporting is guaranteed to return us to cash only, just the opposite of what our overlords want.
Federal Reserve is working on its own digital currency. USPS holds patent for block-chain technology. USD will become digital only, and Post Offices will become banks, just like they were in USSR. Paper USD will go away. We will resort to bartering for goods and services.

That’s also what happens when you outsource all your manufacturing capabilities to a foreign country.
We’re our own worst enemy.
Agree 100% We will become either Chinese or Russian colony soon. Russia has been working on becoming self-sufficient since they were sanctioned.

I'd hate to be a GC right about now. Material is getting harder and harder to get. Iron pipe that I put on order yesterday isn't scheduled available until May-June of next year. I've got my popcorn ready for when we finally hit that wall.

There are specialized tools that just aren't made in America anymore. An example..... hose pliers that fit washer connections, even for those tight-fit quarter-turn hot and cold supplies in the built-in washer feed boxes you find nowadays in homes. They make them in China for use here and they work. Of course I bought a pair because I was tired of trying to fit some pair of US made Channel Locks on a knurled hose feed... You pick the tool for the job and the amount of use you expect to get out of it. In this case, the buy made sense.
1633531370841.png

Back
Top Bottom