• Savannah, GA - July 29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HydroAuto

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
17   0
Reaction score
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm trying to pull together a suppressor metering day. What's a suppressor metering day you ask? It's a day where a bunch of suppressor owners, likely a manufacturer or two, and dealer or two show up and "shoot what ya brung" while being metered by a pair of calibrated B&K 2209 meters. (Muzzle & @ear data) Manufacturer & dealers are coming as individual participants, not in a business capacity, although I'm sure they can answer any questions you may have.

It's a great opportunity to meet & greet your fellow stamp collectors and cut through the BS you read on the internet & youtube with regards to how quiet "quiet" really is. You see & hear first hand how quiet various combinations are, and see some really crazy combos! (RPD with SpecWar, or 8" 12ga Saiga with a can for examples) All the data is tabulated, charted and stored in an archive at NFATalk.org for future reference.

This will be different from the usual suppressor shoots as it won't be a big commercial shindig with everyone blasting everything simultaneously (not that that's a bad thing). This will be for suppressor owners, by suppressor owners. For the most part, shooting will be one at time, but there will be times for "open fire" (controlled). Standard range & safety rules apply.

Since these are all individually owned suppressors, there won't be "demos" readily available to shoot per se, but most folks are more than willing to let you have send a few rounds in exchange for a few rounds through what you brought.

You'd be encouraged to bring a suppressed gun* and ammo (at least 11 rounds for each suppressor/gun combo), table for guns, tent for shade, chairs in which to chill, cooler with non-alcoholic beverages, grill/food if you like... you get the idea. (MG's welcome :becky: )

Entry fee would cover range access, RSO, parking, and port-a-jon rental, if required. (Fee TBD depending on expected turnout)

Samples from last year:

Currently we've got 3 potential sites and dates (only 1 will be held):
1. Resaca, GA (July 22, July 29 or August 12) - private remote property
2. Martin, GA (available July 22 or August 12) - private range (primitive camping available for additional cost)
3. Savannah, GA (available July 29) - public range

All dates are Saturdays. Typically we'd start around 8am and run through early afternoon depending on how many people attend/get metered.

Pick up to two options from the poll, and post up to let me know how sure you are about going. (I know... it's 5+ months away, but do your best ;) )

Thx!

This sounds awesome, I will actually have my cans by then too. Well Ive got osprey 9 right now. Gotta get my rossi 92 threaded and back together.

Back
Top Bottom