• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed 300 Blk build suggestions

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
105   0
Reaction score
Never built an AR before as im more of a combloc lover but the prices just scream "buy a reciever!!" so I said what the heck lets do it. Now, Id like all the experts here to help design the thing. Im looking to do a 300 Blk suppressed only (so subs) pistol/sbr build. Plan on going with the silent capture spring/buffer but unsure of barrel length and uppers selections and if a specific bolt carrier group is best? Overall id just wanna hear your "dream" component builds for the quietest setup

Build a 7.62x39 AR and use the ammo you already have. It won't be subsonic; but it does suppress well. That's what I will be carrying again in the woods instead of my 308 AR. Get a 30 cal suppressor and shoot anything you want would be my suggestion.

Barrel length might depend on which suppressor you're planning on running and if they have a minimum barrel length on their suppressor. I'm running a 8.5” BA barrel and a AAC SDN-6. I'm using a CMT PDW lower so I have no options for swapping out the spring or buffer but CMT does recommend using an adjustable gas block. Also look into Gemtechs BCG for suppression.

I have a complete AAC upper 10.5” in 300 BO. Its expensive but extremely accurate. About $900 for their complete upper. I use it for deer hunting and coyotes. Hence the night vision and IR flashlight. I live in the country but in a small neighborhood with large lots. None of the neighbors have ever heard me shooting in the backyard unless it was unsuppressed. I have shot two bucks with that were in a full on sprint in my back yard.
4873585F-7A63-408A-AB86-EDB82E01DD01.jpeg
68860716-A5D3-4F74-A7DB-1147B155903D.jpeg
A94CADE0-1E8A-47C3-9CC2-90DC5A9E801A.jpeg
AAC designed it for use with their 10.5” upper. They got the best ballistics with their 220gr rounds. I have the AAC sdn6 can which was purpose built for that round. It is almost as quite as my MP5sd.

Back
Top Bottom