• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed AK

I've shot the Wolverine can was wasn't impressed especially for the money. Still very loud and I would have needed to require earplugs for any volume of shooting. My AR308's are a lot quieter to me even with the Harvester.

Commercial 7.62x39 ammo is loud as hell even with a great can and a bolt action rifle. They use the slowest burning powder they can find so they don't have to measure it precisely and the extra just burns up outside of the barrel. When shooting x39 suppressed I shoot flames out the end of the can.

The gun in the video is a 5.56.

Hmmm I was saving for a wolverine bc frankly I love that Rusky look and on a Draco it'd be BA and save my neighbors hearing at least. The Draco is loud as a SOB
I've shot the Wolverine can was wasn't impressed especially for the money. Still very loud and I would have needed to require earplugs for any volume of shooting. My AR308's are a lot quieter to me even with the Harvester.

The AK platform can be suppressed with decent results but it takes some work. I've got a dedicated 5.45 AK SBR build that's in the works. Definitely won't have to worry about normal concentric or can coming un-threaded issues, and the PBS-1 isn't in the equation. I'll create a thread when it's complete in the near future.

Some people load their own. They call it the 7.62 redout. I do not believe there is a commercial offering.

That said, the gun in the video is 5.56. Sound was comparable to a suppressed 5.56 AR.
Jackhammer is the only commercial subsonic 7.62x39 ammo that I know about: http://ebrammo.com/762-x-39mm

Back
Top Bottom