• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed AK

Any thoughts on a suppressed AR47? I have been contemplating a 10.5" 7.62x39 upper for my SBR with my Dead Air Sandman S. You ask why? Well... why not? Just wondering how disappointed I may be...

My understanding has been that the AK platform is difficult to suppress because of where the "gas tube" (or piston guide tube?) meets the gas block is vented.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense to me.

Any thoughts on a suppressed AR47? I have been contemplating a 10.5" 7.62x39 upper for my SBR with my Dead Air Sandman S. You ask why? Well... why not? Just wondering how disappointed I may be...

A suppressed 7.62x39 AR upper works fine. You may have some gas issues which you can mitigate at the bolt (my preferred method), adjustable gas block, or using gas busting charging handles. The bolt is the problem child with the 7.62x39 AR, but there are supposed to be some better options on the market today. The ARP bolt gets good reviews, but I have no direct experience with it.

I have tried just about every 7.62x39 host I can. The best sounding 7.62x39 semi auto has to be the PTR-32. Hearing safe even with super sonic ammo. The sig 556R, AK, Vz58, AR-15 and RPD all sound like garbage suppressed. Most of the time they are over gassed and/or loud as ****. The PTR-32 suppresses well , is reliable and not really that expensive for what your getting

I had high hopes for suppressed vz58
It has a bleeding gas system just like the AK. Any platform with a piston tends to have ports and those ports make up most of the noise you hear. So it makes it less enjoyable. A bolt gun would be best. I have heard a few 7.62x39 CZ bolt guns that sound great.

Reactions: MRH
Well ya a bolt gun is def going to be very quiet. I'm looking for hearing safe. Just want to enjoy shooting it. Eventually going to have a .300 blk something so the can will be moving from the vz to that.

Suppress everything. Even a Saiga 308 sounds good suppressed.

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_20170305_170906_zpszeohctom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom