• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed Makarov

Once in a while you can find threaded Mak barrels on eBay. You will also need the barrel press tool to change it out.
That’s the crappy part . I wanted to thread my PPK but it’s from 1942 and so yeah... no. Nobody would touch my vz61 as only czechpoint had the barrel press jig . They said no but I finally got it done. M60 joe did it

I thought about it but you cannot use a 9mm suppressor as the bullet in the 9x18 is slightly bigger . So id have to buy a .40 or .45 suppressor and I’m not doing all that .

It’s a blowback pistol so it will sound crappy like every other one like it . Most folks suppress the .380 model for the obvious reason but I went with a cz27 instead . It’s not bad but not great either .

View attachment 1596076

Thats not entirely true.. sure its like .001 bigger, but the bore of the can is like .020 bigger, most cans. You're good to run a 9mm Makarov on a 9mm can. I do it on a regular basis.

Pre SBR picture.. 9mm mak vz61, Liberty Mystic-X can..

IMG-2929.JPG

Thats not entirely true.. sure its like .001 bigger, but the bore of the can is like .020 bigger, most cans. You're good to run a 9mm Makarov on a 9mm can. I do it on a regular basis.

Pre SBR picture.. 9mm mak vz61, Liberty Mystic-X can..

View attachment 1616991
Dude you have a mystic x that is drilled with a larger end cap. Many suppressors have removal end caps for this very reason

The dead air Wolverine for example. They over bore the hole just in case your threads are wack . Your asking for a baffle strike with a standard 9x19 suppressor.

If you reimburse me I’ll try it with my isis-2 . I’ll have it threaded and screw one on. Then I’ll tie it to a tree and give it a go. It holds I take the hit . It goes bang you reimburse me threading cost and suppressor cost .

Dude you have a mystic x that is drilled with a larger end cap. Many suppressors have removal end caps for this very reason

The dead air Wolverine for example. They over bore the hole just in case your threads are wack . Your asking for a baffle strike with a standard 9x19 suppressor.

If you reimburse me I’ll try it with my isis-2 . I’ll have it threaded and screw one on. Then I’ll tie it to a tree and give it a go. It holds I take the hit . It goes bang you reimburse me threading cost and suppressor cost .

I'm not trying to start an argument, but....you're wrong.

You could just throw some calipers on it. Or drop a round down the bore ;) The aperture diameter/bore exit on my MX is .420, thats over .030" difference on each 'side' of the projectile. I'm sure your Isis is similar.

I seriously doubt that Thompson can has so tight of a tolerance internally that the difference in diameter from 9x18 to 9x19 would cause a baffle strike (.355" diameter bullet, the 9x18 Makarov uses a .365), otherwise, you should be concerned firing 9mm anything out of it and just call it a .22 suppressor...

Edit...

Alright, so.. since I work at QRF and wanted to make 1000% sure I didn't tell someone wrong, even though I knew I was correct. I just got off the phone with Brooks @ Thompson machine, and you can fire a 9mm makarov out of your 9mm Isis can. Don't believe me, call Brooks 850-408-5161 :thumb:

I'm not trying to start an argument, but....you're wrong.

You could just throw some calipers on it. Or drop a round down the bore ;) The aperture diameter/bore exit on my MX is .420, thats over .030" difference on each 'side' of the projectile. I'm sure your Isis is similar.

I seriously doubt that Thompson can has so tight of a tolerance internally that the difference in diameter from 9x18 to 9x19 would cause a baffle strike (.355" diameter bullet, the 9x18 Makarov uses a .365), otherwise, you should be concerned firing 9mm anything out of it and just call it a .22 suppressor...

Edit...

Alright, so.. since I work at QRF and wanted to make 1000% sure I didn't tell someone wrong, even though I knew I was correct. I just got off the phone with Brooks @ Thompson machine, and you can fire a 9mm makarov out of your 9mm Isis can. Don't believe me, call Brooks 850-408-5161 :thumb::pop2:
Hey we cannot be right all the time but I have personally seen 2 people encounter baffle strikes with a 9x18 in a 9X19 suppressor. I may be wrong or right . either way my opinion would still stand at no.... unless you wanna take my wager and we can roll the dice

Hey we cannot be right all the time but I have personally seen 2 people encounter baffle strikes with a 9x18 in a 9X19 suppressor. I may be wrong or right . either way my opinion would still stand at no.... unless you wanna take my wager and we can roll the dice

lol, alright man.

Take care.

(for what its worth, I've seen plenty of people have baffle strikes firing 9mm out of their 9mm can too ;) )

Back
Top Bottom